cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! I need my Capital One balance to update ASAP!

tag
RVG1
Established Member

HELP! I need my Capital One balance to update ASAP!

Today is Thursday. My credit will be pulled either Monday or Tuesday. I recently paid my Capital One platinum balance to just under 9% down from 75% and my other cards are at a zero balance so i know my credit score will go up. The statement cut on the 5th and so far Experian and Equifax have been update to the new balance. But not Transunion??? Its still showing last months balance and the last update shows in Jan 2018. Just my friggin luck that it is ONLY Transunion that will be pulled for this application. So i really only care about Transunion right now. 

My question is, how do i go about this in the best/quickest way possible? If i call Capital One will they update on request? Should i submit a balance incorrect dispute directly through Transunion? 

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HELP! I need my Capital One balance to update ASAP!

At least for me, transunion is a couple days behind the other bureaus on every account. You might just have to wait a few days.

I never had luck with Capone doing additional updates besides the statement balance.
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would see if cap1 has/can update the bal. Any kind of dispute would be a waste of time. Since nothing is incorrect, really there's nothing to dispute. Not providing information in not the same as giving incorrect information. Regardless I think another statement would cut or things would update on their own before the dispute gets resolved.
Message 3 of 11
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

I would bet that Capital One has already done its job and that TU simply needs to catch up with the other bureaus. If the updated balance is already showing up on EX and EQ, I think it'll show up on TU shortly.

It's also possible that TU has updated and that your monitoring service hasn't caught it yet. Do you have the means to monitor TU daily? If you don't, you can sign up for WalletHub, which updates TU daily. Other options would be Chase Credit Journey (available even if you don't have a Chase card), Capital One CreditWise, and Credit Karma. The latter three don't update daily. If you sign up with them, sign up on different days in order to see the latest updated information. In all of these cases, a VantageScore is provided. Because it's not a FICO score, ignore it.

Message 4 of 11
steelers1
Frequent Contributor

wrote:

Today is Thursday. My credit will be pulled either Monday or Tuesday. I recently paid my Capital One platinum balance to just under 9% down from 75% and my other cards are at a zero balance so i know my credit score will go up. The statement cut on the 5th and so far Experian and Equifax have been update to the new balance. But not Transunion??? Its still showing last months balance and the last update shows in Jan 2018. Just my friggin luck that it is ONLY Transunion that will be pulled for this application. So i really only care about Transunion right now. 

My question is, how do i go about this in the best/quickest way possible? If i call Capital One will they update on request? Should i submit a balance incorrect dispute directly through Transunion? 

Transunion is always a few days behind.

Whatever you do DO NOT dispute. It could backfire on you big time.

Message 5 of 11
RVG1
Established Member

Thank you for the advice everyone. I do have CreditWise, I’m only able to refresh once a week and today was my day but no update. I’ll try signing up with credit karma. I won’t dispute with Transunion, I’m glad I asked before I did anything. I guess I have no choice but to wait it out and hope for the best.
Message 6 of 11
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Use Wallethub. It updates daily from TU around 5am EST. Vantage of course.

Message 7 of 11
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

The first thing to always remember about Cap1 is that almost noone can override the computer.  No one that you can talk to can get the computer to do something outside of minor adjustments.

I had a similiar problem where due to Hurricane Irma, Cap1 was not reporting my balances. I called and requested that they manually report to the CBs. I was told the only way to get them to go around the computer was to file a dispute. I did but it was a useless endeavor.  You can call TU and ask them if there are any unposted updates to your Cap1 account. Good luck

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is not a Cap1 problem, it's a TU problem.
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I disagree with several of the other posters .You CAN call cap1 and have them update the report. HOWEVER I can not say it will be done by Monday or Tuesday. I too did this a few months after Irma and it updated that week. Remarks: "dispute resolved; reported by grantor". I have ALSO don't disputes on other accounts with transunion EX and EQ. You don't have to select "incorrect information". There's actually a selection for "balance incorrect". I didn't want to wait a full month for it to be updated and it was fixed in a week or two. Even if you selected incorrect information you aren't lying. But it did work for me .However as stated it still took some time and will NOT be done by Tuesday I can assure you .But just wanted to let you know in case you ever needed to do this in the future .

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.