Re: HELP! In-market- Balance Transfer

Do you recommend the Diamond? 

Message 11 of 20
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Rackham94 wrote:

I actually app'd for it a little over a week ago... still waiting to hear back from them, so I guess that means I'm partial to it.  Smiley Wink

Message 12 of 20
helaurin
New Contributor

Can you tell me what "PC'd" means?  - Thanks in advance Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 2014 775
Current Score: 822
Goal Score: 840

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 20
Rackham94
Established Contributor

Product Changed. Credit issuers often offer low rates, rewards, or no interest. Rarely all 3 so if you end up with a card with low rate but later want rewards certain issuers will allow you to request to change to different type of card. 

Message 14 of 20
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@helaurin wrote:

Can you tell me what "PC'd" means?  - Thanks in advance Smiley Happy

It just means changing your account to a different type while keeping all the history and usually the same account number.  Smiley Wink

Message 15 of 20
Rackham94
Established Contributor

Thanks for everyone's suggestions. I actually have gone a different direction and looked through pre-screened offers and noticed a Pen Fed mailer for their Visa Platinum Rewards and Cash Rewards. 

13% APR 0% on BT for 12 months. 

Anyone have an opinion on this card?

Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

@Rackham94 wrote:

I actually app'd for it a little over a week ago... still waiting to hear back from them, so I guess that means I'm partial to it.  Smiley Wink

oh you're gonna get it. I feel it.  Besides you need two rows of cards in your sig!

I prefer the DP to the simplicity as well.  There is also the Dividend PC option but its not very popular.

Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I love PenFed. I have the Visa and Promise. I also have an auto loan with them. Nothing but good things to say about them. Good luck if you decide to go that route!
Message 18 of 20
Rackham94
Established Contributor

That is very good to hear, do you have the Visa Points or Visa Cash Rewards?

If so what is limit and rate?

Message 19 of 20
RonM21
Valued Contributor

I think Penfed is a good option too. You should get what you want for your situation with them.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.