Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP Me Make a Master List :)

tag
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: HELP Me Make a Master List :)

Lenders can and do pull multiple scores and they only have to disclose one.

Even my employer pulls multiple Experian products of various types, some of which FICO and others not; Chase has also been admitted to pull several different scores on a borrower's application.

I'm not certain it matters much, one of the long standing pieces of advice here is simply to create a pretty report which should lead to a pretty score regardless of version... though VantageScore recently has changed some metrics on that, guessing it doesn't calculate revolving utilization similarly to FICO, likely looks at absolute balance rather than percentage of limits.

        
Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think what OP is asking is for people to list what scoring model or version a particular lender uses; For example: FICO Bankcard Score 2, FICO Score 3, FICO Score 8, or FICO Bankcard Score 8, or Vantage Score, Enhanced Score, or their own intenal model, etc.

If that is what you're referring to OP, then I saw it mentioned on here that Capital One was using Fico Score 3 for Venture applications.

Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks JustMe3, that's exactly what I meant
Message 13 of 18
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Again, credit pulls does not give you versions, holy crap if you're not contributing pls don't post

Ease down, zippy.  You don't determine who can and who cannot post.  Adding yet another thread like this doesn't "contribute" either.  You can always reference prior threads versus starting yet another on a topic that has been discussed many times before.  A thread isn't a practical resource for this sort of information anyway otherwise you wouldn't have started this thread.

The Credit Pulls Database does sometime have scoring model info if the applicant included it in the comments.

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe you should try reading the thread before replying, on the wheel of pointless responses
Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Maybe you should try reading the thread before replying, on the wheel of pointless responses

Well for one you're wrong that the database doesn't include types of scores.  Quite often that information is included in the comments.  Threads like this have been started before and there just too much variance for it to be maintained.  In the end you're far better to ask about a specific creditor when you are considering applying for a card.

Message 16 of 18
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Pot, kettle.

@Anonymous wrote:

Help, post a lender's FICO bureau and FICO version you've noticed they used.

I.e. Discover-TU 08

Discover does not use TU 08 for applications.

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well "zippy" I don't know about you, but if I come across a thread in not interested in I simply don't reply. Too easy. Plus, the title says help me because obviously i personally can't find it. Do you have a link for this topic in trying to reinvent? If not, thanks but no thanks

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.