cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! My brother made a huge mistake!

tag
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

Re: HELP! My brother made a huge mistake!

@drjones wrote:

Theoretically, how would Chase actually prove that it was your little brother applying with a fake ID and not someone trying to steal his identity?

If they blocked everyone who's identity was stolen for life, that would have massive implications.

That's my view as well. I wouldn't suggest him applying to Chase until at least he has a new address. He might be OK at that point but there is no way of knowing what Chase's internal processes are for this sort of thing.

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Message 61 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

@lyythine, You're right. Too many crimes with victim going on in LA for that nonsense. Lol.
Message 62 of 69
orestrus
Frequent Contributor

Because of my very short history, i cant get on board with Chase, but {Edited. Lets's keep things respectful-MarineVietVet, myFICO moderator} can. Oh well , you live and learn..

BofA 5k, Cap 1 Journey 300, Cap 1 QS1 300, Walmart 6k,
Amex BCE 2000, Amex PRG, Amex Delta Gold 2k, Macy's 5k, Bloomies 6k, Amazon 6k, JCP 5k Macy's Amex 1.5k,
Message 63 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow. Lots of judgmental comments from the peanut gallery.

Message 64 of 69
the_jan_b
Established Contributor

@orestrus wrote:
Because of my very short history, i cant get on board with Chase, but {Edited} can. Oh well , you live and learn..

No need for name-calling; irresponsible, yes...

Enjoying your freedom? Thank a servicemember and their family!

In the garden since 26 Jun 14...

I am digitaldiva's alter-ego

Message 65 of 69
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Things are starting to get personal.

Please tone things down.

Message 66 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MarineVietVet wrote:

Things are starting to get personal.

Please tone things down.

+1

Message 67 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hopefully this puts the fear of <diety of choice> into your little brother.  That being said, we've all made our own stupid choices along the way, let's hope this is his worst.

Message 68 of 69
Open123
Super Contributor

Is it a crime?  Probably.

However, as other have observed, Chase will not pursue this.  Even if they did, I doubt any Prosecutor will, especially since no loss or ID theft has occured.  We all make mistakes, especially when we're young.  He shouldn't be punished for something so minor and inconsequential like this, especially considering the amount of other more onerous crimes in CA.

Message 69 of 69
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.