Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP PLEASE

tag
ljavonna
New Contributor

HELP PLEASE

My hubby and I need a credit card with a decent balance 10k +.......is there a company that's checks TU only? That scores is 731.

First time posting 😊
Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: HELP PLEASE

Hi and welcome to MyFICO

Google credit pulls database, and insert any and all the variables you want.

GL

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 2 of 27
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol, maybe Navy Fed if you could join. Many have been known to get huge sl even with less than perfect credit. They seem to pull TU for recent credit card apps.
Message 3 of 27
ljavonna
New Contributor

Thank you we are members of NFCU 🙂 I'm going to try them
Message 4 of 27
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Hi ljavonna and welcome to myFICO community!

Barclay cards almost exclusively pull TU if they have a card that interests you. Also, any Synchrony backed cards such as Marvel MC.

Hope you can stick around.
New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 5 of 27
Appleman
Valued Contributor

Hold the phone. 

It sounds like you are needing to pay for something, maybe up to $10,000?

Just a word of caution, I would not recommend maxxing out a new card as that could spook the credit card issuer. Also you can really lower your score with high utilization. Try to stay below 30% or better yet, don't cary a ballance.

Since you did not ask for a lecture...

(caution these are not TU only cards!) Try CapitalOne Venture, they are known to give $10K (my wife) and $20K (me) credit lines when the rest of your file supports it.

Have also had good luck with NFCU (25K) and PenFed (30K) credit lines. NFCU will often grant a CLI at 90 days.

Good luck and why the need for $10K (just me being nosy)?

Message 6 of 27
ljavonna
New Contributor

Thank you everyone....I applied and got the 24 business hour message. Great point with utilization @Appleman. We need to do some improvements around our house.
Message 7 of 27
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lowes by Synchrony may start you small but with a phone call you might be able to get it over 10k pretty fast. Its a card that can get as high as 35k without POI. Probably a good card for home improvementSmiley Wink
Message 8 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ljavonna wrote:
@Thank you everyone....I applied and got the 24 business hour message. Great point with utilization @Appleman. We need to do some improvements around our house.

Have you checked on a HELOC? That may be a better route. Again, NFCU would be a good source.

Message 9 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclays is pretty serious TU.
Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.