cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP WITH MY LOW CREDIT CARD LIMITS............................

tag
naptime
Contributor

Re: HELP WITH MY LOW CREDIT CARD LIMITS............................

Dustink thanks for the strategy seems like a good idea I will use my revolvers more. I don't care what anybody says lenders look at your current limits when issuing new credit. And they base the limit they are going to give you in part off that. 

Message 21 of 33
naptime
Contributor

09Lexie thanks for the #

Message 22 of 33
naptime
Contributor

Just an Update on my progress. I emailed the C.E.O of Capital one late Sunday and received a "call back" today (Monday) at around 12Pm. They are manually reviewing both the Platinum mastercard- (which they switched to a quicksilver cash rewards card) and the Venture one card that I just got for CLI. I told the rep that I would like $10,000 limits on both the cards. She informed me that the manual review will be done by this Friday and that she would personally call me back with the results. I also called credit solutions and got them to raise my paypal mastercard to $10,000 and my Jcp store card to $6,000. I also got my Bank of America platinum visa converted to an un secured  visa signature cash rewards card  with a $2,000 limit. Thanks to all who gave advice on my situation. I appreciate the help. I will keep you guys posted on the results.

Message 23 of 33
WillF360
Regular Contributor

Wow, 2 10,000 Cards, awesome.  Congratulations! This forum is full of great advice.

In the Garden since 9/15/13... Goal Date 4/15/14 (WISH ME LUCK)
Closed on First Home 9/13/2013: USDA RURAL HOUSING
Lender Pull 7/25- EQ 673, EX 693, TU 670
Credit Card Approvals: 9/15- Discover It $4500; Chase Freedom $3500; Amex Blue $5000
Goal Score: 720 | Starting Scores (2/12): EQ 493, EX 521, TU 463
Message 24 of 33
myjourney
Super Contributor

@naptime wrote:

Just an Update on my progress. I emailed the C.E.O of Capital one late Sunday and received a "call back" today (Monday) at around 12Pm. They are manually reviewing both the Platinum mastercard- (which they switched to a quicksilver cash rewards card) and the Venture one card that I just got for CLI. I told the rep that I would like $10,000 limits on both the cards. She informed me that the manual review will be done by this Friday and that she would personally call me back with the results. I also called credit solutions and got them to raise my paypal mastercard to $10,000 and my Jcp store card to $6,000. I also got my Bank of America platinum visa converted to an un secured  visa signature cash rewards card  with a $2,000 limit. Thanks to all who gave advice on my situation. I appreciate the help. I will keep you guys posted on the results.

Congrats on the CLI's and good luck with cap1

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 25 of 33
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

Congratulations! You are well on your way. When you are ready to come out of the Garden (better not be soon!!!), you will find yourself in a much different situation.

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 26 of 33
navyox
Regular Contributor

Sounds like you are off to a great start, congrats!

Starting Score: 676 CK 5/13. Current: 717 EX 6/15 -- Last App: 6/2014
Message 27 of 33
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@naptime wrote:

I don't care what anybody says lenders look at your current limits when issuing new credit. And they base the limit they are going to give you in part off that. 

Many people, including myself, have personal experience of this not being true. I have lenders that give limits way higher than anyone else(individual and combined) and lenders who start out low compared to other cards. It just depends on what they feel you need and no one knows how they do that.

Message 28 of 33
hot4u
Established Contributor

Congrats on all the CLI

(Chase)- Freedom, CSP®, United MileagePlus® Explorer, Marriott Rewards® Premier, Penfed cash+ rewards/Promise/Defender.
Amex’s- BCE, Hilton, SPG®, PRG® and Blue®, NFCU Cash Rewards, FHB Destinations World Elite.
- Amex Centurion,(Citi) Executive/Platinum® Advantage

Alaska Airlines
Message 29 of 33
Odiseous
Frequent Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

@naptime wrote:

Dustink I use all my cards and PIF every month

My strategy was focusing spending with one lender. Getting that lender to give me higher limits. Then others followed suit.

In my case it was US Bank who first gave me high limits.

+1

I used the AmEx 3x rule, to pump up my AmEx revolver. Once it reported 10k+ (counter-offer), BofA was quick to follow suit with a 5x CLI to 10k (both started out at 2k).

TU98 751, EQ 766, EX 766 (Lender)

If at first you don't succeed; Garden for 6 months, then try again.

Work the system. Don't let the system work you.
Message 30 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.