Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP!! Ways to Meet Bonus Spend Requirements on Credit Cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HELP!! Ways to Meet Bonus Spend Requirements on Credit Cards

Much thanks to you both, that's just AWESOME!!!! I just read up on RadPad, as well as a couple of others: RentMoola, RentShare, PayPal, and PayLease. And yes they're ALL legit!! It's a great way to pay rent AND earn bonus points at the same time. RentMoola seems to be a little cheaper than RadPad at 2.75%, and they also offer bonus points, etc... when you pay your rent through them with a credit card. This is awesome info!!! Problem solved!!! Smiley Happy I really do appreciate all info given!!!
Message 21 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Nixon!! I'll do that now!! Smiley Happy
Message 22 of 30
icyhot
Valued Contributor

If you make a large purchase, then get the bonus and subsequently return it, do they take the bonus back then? That's an option
Ch 7 BK discharged 12/2018
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K
Store Cards: Bergdorf Goodman $10.5K | Neiman Marcus $7.5K | Care Credit $7K |
Scores: EX 656 | EQ 667 | TU 680

Goal Card: Amex Platinum (Amex IIB, waiting for 5 year mark)
Message 23 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bonus clawback. Smiley Wink
Message 24 of 30
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@icyhot wrote:
If you make a large purchase, then get the bonus and subsequently return it, do they take the bonus back then? That's an option

Some banks do it; Discover is known to do it for products that violated their TOS.

If the bank can't do it then they might put a flag on your account and ideally you don't want that.

Anyways, the OP's been given some good advice: Radpad etc to pay rent.

Even without MS-ing, there could be legit long-term spends; if OP wants to spend money on gifts (birthday, holidays, wedding etc) later in the year from particular stores and have not made up their mind about the particular items to buy, it's possible to look at getting gift cards from those stores (assuming OP has money to pay the card back without tacking on interest because of the advance purchase). 

Message 25 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

All great info, thanks you guys!!!
Message 26 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@icyhot wrote:

I inadvertently did this with CapOne for my QS card.  I purchased an item from Geek/Wish for $7.  Terrible quality, so I returned it.  Didn't realize that this put me $7 under the $500 for the bonus spending (sorry CapOne, honestly didn't intend to churn your card when I first got it), but they let me keep the bonus.  I even gave them a month before pulling the rewards check.

Message 27 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's good they let you keep the bonus, HappyCamper. It's understandable, and Sometimes things happen and an item or two just may have to be returned.
Message 28 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I met my Venture spending by paying my tax bill with it. The service I used only charges 1.87%, which is more than covered by the 2% cash back. I then did a BT to Slate which doesn't charge me a BT fee and I have 0% intro APR until June 2016.

Message 29 of 30
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Thread is locked and under Moderator review.

Moderators are in no way advocating MS on the boards.  Any reference to it, blatantly or dismissively will be treated as a TOS.  Although there were some good suggestions on this subject, there were others that were not.  Please consider this a final warning.

your friendly neighborhood mod,

Shogun

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.