Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP!! Ways to Meet Bonus Spend Requirements on Credit Cards

tag
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

Re: HELP!! Ways to Meet Bonus Spend Requirements on Credit Cards

@Anonymous wrote:
I have a couple of cards that I've been working on meeting the spend requirements on. All has gone well so far with them all except for the Capital One Venture. I was approved for 10k, and have to spend 3k in 3 months to get 40,000 travel miles. I have exactly two more months, and need to spend $1800 dollars. I can't pay rent with the card because my rent bill has to be paid with a money order (which would be considered a cash advance). My trusted friends and family are also meeting spend limits, so they can't assist me. Any ideas, anyone? Please help!!! Thanks

Swing by FlyerTalk and you'll get some ideas...

Message 11 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Thelethargicage, I'll be sure to do that!!
Message 12 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Buy something you want, but don't need and don't pay it off right away... 

That's what credit cards are for, right? Smiley Wink

Message 13 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks FlagDown, I'm going to pay some bills up, ahead of time. But that is a great idea!! Smiley Happy. Thanks!!
Message 14 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Go on a cruise.  

Message 15 of 30
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I paid our rent through RadPad this month... Cost me 2.99%  but 50k miles is worth it!

Message 16 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

How does RadPad work? I've never heard of it. Thanks!!
Message 17 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nevermind, Creditaddict- I'm looking into IG now. It looks VERY helpful!!! Thanks a bunch!!!! Smiley Happy
Message 18 of 30
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

they are a free search company around here for finding available apartments on the market for rent... they work on your phone too which is kind of nice and a couple months back they introduced rent payment options also... I wouldn't use them if it wasn't for meeting the spend requirements on so many cards at once but I just set up an account and added in my apartment management info and when I want the rent paid and they charge the credit card and then mail out a check.

I actually got notice this morning that the check shoudl be delivered today.

the system has been very good for alerts at each step of the way, even sending out an email that they would be charging the card tomorrow and they suggested I called the bank to warn them (I did not and no issues) but it's pretty nice how many alerts I have gotten.

Message 19 of 30
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

they are a free search company around here for finding available apartments on the market for rent... they work on your phone too which is kind of nice and a couple months back they introduced rent payment options also... I wouldn't use them if it wasn't for meeting the spend requirements on so many cards at once but I just set up an account and added in my apartment management info and when I want the rent paid and they charge the credit card and then mail out a check.

I actually got notice this morning that the check shoudl be delivered today.

the system has been very good for alerts at each step of the way, even sending out an email that they would be charging the card tomorrow and they suggested I called the bank to warn them (I did not and no issues) but it's pretty nice how many alerts I have gotten.

and it isn't MS...  Legit, you pay 3% approx for signup bonus that is worth alot more than the 3%.. That is the way the OP should go imo...Safe and legit.

Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.