cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! Wells Fargo/Mattress Firm closing all accounts with balances??

tag
nitrov
Established Contributor

Re: HELP! Wells Fargo/Mattress Firm closing all accounts with balances??

I'm not sure why yours would report differently than mine. Maybe try a balance transfer onto another card.
My Top 3: Amex Delta Platinum ($30k) | Amex PRG | Citi Prestige ($30k) |

Starting scores 600-640 (2013), current 765-775 (2019); It is possible!

Message 21 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@nitrov wrote:
I'm not sure why yours would report differently than mine. Maybe try a balance transfer onto another card.

So does your report show your original credit line number and current balance...However about available credit?

If yours is different than mine I may need to call Wells up and determine if there are reporting it correctly.

Don't think a balance Transfer is going to be an option here  as I just got the card so I am under the very good intro Rate 0% for some many years. Doubt there are cards to transfer to match that.

Message 22 of 24
nitrov
Established Contributor

Mine shows as open
My Top 3: Amex Delta Platinum ($30k) | Amex PRG | Citi Prestige ($30k) |

Starting scores 600-640 (2013), current 765-775 (2019); It is possible!

Message 23 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

In 2008 had both citi and chase close accounts that had low rates. I continued to pay them off each month until they were paid off in 2010. Neither one hurt my score to where it was noticeable and when I got new credit nobody had any problems with it saying closed by creditor.

Both chase and citi approved me with new accounts even while I was still paying them off so having them close it didn't cause any issues that I noticed
Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.