Regular Contributor

HELP! What is the best card for me??

Here is the scoop- I am looking to get one more card. Currently have Capital one, CL 3000, Best Buy 300CL and Walmart 600CL. I want to apply with a lender that gives decent limits, and uses TU (highest score, running 640-650). Had a BK7 dishcarged in Feb 2006. There are a couple other baddies (medical collections (paid 2010), judgement (paid off 2009), and a couple 30 days lates from 2010). I have had my Capone account open, never late, for over 4 years. However, they don't give CLIs on this card. The Best Buy card is 6 years old, never late. Walmart is only a couple months old. What suggestions would you guys give me for what card to apply for. We want something that gives us a decent limit. I currently have 40% util on Cap one, and 0 on the other two. Should I pay off or down the Cap one before apping? Any advice would be awesome! Thanks! 

Starting Score: EQ 416 TU 498 EX 468 Lender Fico's July 2012
Current Score: EQ 548 (Myfico) TU 655 (Walmart) CK 672 EX?? CS 642
Goal Score: For now: 640s

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor

Re: HELP! What is the best card for me??

Usual advice would be to try to reduce utilization to under 10%, so paying down the Cap One should increase your scores and thus your chance to get the next card with a reasonable CL. 

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.