Regular Contributor
jandj80

HELP! What is the best card for me??

Here is the scoop- I am looking to get one more card. Currently have Capital one, CL 3000, Best Buy 300CL and Walmart 600CL. I want to apply with a lender that gives decent limits, and uses TU (highest score, running 640-650). Had a BK7 dishcarged in Feb 2006. There are a couple other baddies (medical collections (paid 2010), judgement (paid off 2009), and a couple 30 days lates from 2010). I have had my Capone account open, never late, for over 4 years. However, they don't give CLIs on this card. The Best Buy card is 6 years old, never late. Walmart is only a couple months old. What suggestions would you guys give me for what card to apply for. We want something that gives us a decent limit. I currently have 40% util on Cap one, and 0 on the other two. Should I pay off or down the Cap one before apping? Any advice would be awesome! Thanks! 

Starting Score: EQ 416 TU 498 EX 468 Lender Fico's July 2012
Current Score: EQ 548 (Myfico) TU 655 (Walmart) CK 672 EX?? CS 642
Goal Score: For now: 640s

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
bs6054

Re: HELP! What is the best card for me??

Usual advice would be to try to reduce utilization to under 10%, so paying down the Cap One should increase your scores and thus your chance to get the next card with a reasonable CL. 

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}