cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP!! whats my chance of getting approved for a BARCLAY APPLE CARD?

tag
kimcakee
Established Member

HELP!! whats my chance of getting approved for a BARCLAY APPLE CARD?

Hi Everyone,

I wanna purchase an iMac using the apple card. I wanna apply for the barclay apple card. I wanna know whats my chance of getting approved?

I applied for Barclay Carnival MC last dec and got denied. I called for recon and got approved for $1500 and last june 2012 got increased to $2500.

I have never missed a payment on all my CC. right now I have a $1000 balance on my carnival MC. anybody have an idea of me getting approved?

my total monthly debt is $70.

as of June 12, 2012
EQ FICO 689, TU FICO 701, EX FICO 713 --NO BADDIES
BoA platinum Visa (600CL), Cap1 No hassle cash reward MC (750CL)
Barclay Carnival MC (2500CL), AU on Direct rewards HSBC (500CL)
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: HELP!! whats my chance of getting approved for a BARCLAY APPLE CARD?

with those scores and no baddies you should be fine, and if you get denied just recon. They tend to be really good about giving out the apple financing card. 

Message 2 of 8
kimcakee
Established Member

thanks! do you think I will be fine even if I have $1k balance right now? I have never missed a payment. And always pay above minimum payment due.

as of June 12, 2012
Message 3 of 8
jsucool76
Super Contributor

I'm not so sure...I mean the balance is with them so all it's doing is making them money. xD If you get denied and do a recon I'm sure you can talk to an underwriter and explain your balance to them. Their UWs are supposed to be extremely easy to get your message across with. 

Message 4 of 8
kimcakee
Established Member

thanks! one more question, Is the financing only available tru certain time prior to opening the card?

as of June 12, 2012
Message 5 of 8
jsucool76
Super Contributor

The financing is for your initial apple purchase. I think you must make the purchase within 30 days of opening the card. Also, just a reminder, if you don't pay off the purchase within the financing period (6 months for under $999, 12 months for over $999) your interest (afaik) will be backdated to day 1 of the purchase for the full purchase price, and the APR on that apple card is like 20+% 

Message 6 of 8
iMacDrew
Frequent Contributor

with a 1000 balance prob not. I apped for a ring when i had $375 balance on my Apple financing visa and they were wanted me to transfer some of my CL from the apple Visa to the ring. They are very conservative. You may want to pay off your debt before incurring more. It looks bad to them.

Lender pulled 10-10-13
EQ Fico 715 | EX Fico 714 | TU Fico 703
Message 7 of 8
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Your chances are probably good. But Barclay's does look at your TOTAL CL w/them. I got Apple last year (nov) and got Rewards MC in May for $5k. In July, I took a HP for a CLI on my Apple to $10k. When I asked about a CLI on my MC, the rep brought up the "total CL" of both cards being $15k, like that was about the max they were willing to do at that time, but I could move the total CL around between the 2 cards however I wanted.

I think as long as your overall util is low and you have a positive history w/them, they bal on your current card shouldn't negatively affect an approval.

Re the 0% financing: It is avail when you first get the card, but it is also avail any time you want -- you just need to call Barclay's BEFORE you make an Apple purchase and let them know, and they'll set it up. There's no guarantee that they'll be offering that forever. But at this time, you aren't limited to 0% financing when you first get the card.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.