Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP with BARLCAY CARD Payment ?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HELP with BARLCAY CARD Payment ?

Hello all.  So, the other day I processed a $1,000 payment to my APPLE VISA Card, thinking that my tax refund was going to deposit to my account that night (stated this on the online site).  The next day, I noticed the payment cleared my Barclay account, and my available credit was updated -- so, I made a purchase at APPLE for $800.00 .. the next day, I notice that my tax refund never hit, and my bank returned the payment!  What is going to occur?  I'm assuming I will now be over my credit limit by a considerable amount, as well as hit with a fee for returned check ($35) ??  Will they pursue me for a "bad check" in civil terms ?

I need to know what I am lookling at here.  My tax refund apparently is delayed, and could be weeks before I see it, so I do not have the funds.  Any and all advice would be appreicated.  As a note, I have made several payments to this card over the past 3 months with NO issues or returns whatsoever.  Thank you !

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: HELP with BARLCAY CARD Payment ?

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello all.  So, the other day I processed a $1,000 payment to my APPLE VISA Card, thinking that my tax refund was going to deposit to my account that night (stated this on the online site).  The next day, I noticed the payment cleared my Barclay account, and my available credit was updated -- so, I made a purchase at APPLE for $800.00 .. the next day, I notice that my tax refund never hit, and my bank returned the payment!  What is going to occur?  I'm assuming I will now be over my credit limit by a considerable amount, as well as hit with a fee for returned check ($35) ??  Will they pursue me for a "bad check" in civil terms ?

I need to know what I am lookling at here.  My tax refund apparently is delayed, and could be weeks before I see it, so I do not have the funds.  Any and all advice would be appreicated.  As a note, I have made several payments to this card over the past 3 months with NO issues or returns whatsoever.  Thank you !

Im sorry to hear this. I would be calling them to apprise them of the situation and work out a reasonable payment arrangement to bring the account back under it CL. I might also consider returning that Apple purchase unless you have the funds from another source to cover it now. What they will do is going to be based on what your credit history with them has been in the past. Good luck Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for replying. I will try to make some payments soon to get it at least under CL. I'm going to about $700 over limit when payment returns. I just don't want them arresting me ! Lol '
Message 3 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Thank you for replying. I will try to make some payments soon to get it at least under CL. I'm going to about $700 over limit when payment returns. I just don't want them arresting me ! Lol '

I dont think they will proffer criminal charges and have you arrested that is what they would have to do, they are going to just want their money.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I understand ! Thank you again.
Message 5 of 6
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

OP I feel for you.. Gotta be careful, don't be writting checks assuming a deposit will happen(any kind), especially from a Tax Refund.   Essentially that is like writting a bad check, although not on purpose.  As other stated I would be taking that apple back ASAP until you can figure it out as that is the right thing to do IMO.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.