Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP!!!!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HELP!!!!!!!

I want to get a new credit card with a high credit limit my scores are around 670's now, should i wait for an au account to show up on my credit report, which will improve my score or should i apply first?
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

Re: HELP!!!!!!!

Being an AU will no longer help you.  The CRAs are using a new system which will disregard your status as an AU.  I would look for a good card and apply if I were you.
Message 2 of 11
VLGaffEsq
Regular Contributor

If you are absolutely sure your "AU addition" will raise your FICO score, then by all means wait until that benefit hits your FICO scores, then apply.  The higher your FICO scores (and the less your debt ratio), the better your chances are of getting the best credit card with the lowest interst rates and the highest possible credit limits.  Try for Citibank's Dividends Select MC when your ready...
Message 3 of 11
VLGaffEsq
Regular Contributor

I do not believe the "AU issue" has kicked in yet...FYI.
Message 4 of 11
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

VLGaffEsq wrote:
I do not believe the "AU issue" has kicked in yet...FYI.

I read somewhere that one of the CRAs is using the new system.  The others will follow at the first of the new year if not sooner.  I still wouldn't rely on an AU status to raise my score for very long.

Good Luck.
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you all, I know the au will kick in soon, but not yet. the au account is my boyfriend's account 18k and 15 years old never late and he owe nothing on it. the oldest account i have is 5 years old.
Message 6 of 11
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

jasminegedeon wrote:
thank you all, I know the au will kick in soon, but not yet. the au account is my boyfriend's account 18k and 15 years old never late and he owe nothing on it. the oldest account i have is 5 years old.

Five years is not that bad.  Before you know it you'll have five more.Smiley Happy  That is an outstanding CL.  I hope they report it soon for you. 

Good Luck!

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

lol. i hope so too because i will never get a limit like that on my own any time soon 6500 is my highest. you know i paid off a ca and my score went up 42 points!! can you guys believe this woo hoo!!
Message 8 of 11
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

Very nice!  Congrats.
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

you know i still don't know which cards i should apply for, I don't want to be wasting an inquiry on an instant-denial or something like that. can anyone help?
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.