Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP!

tag
Rkalynsmith
Regular Contributor

HELP!

Okay I'm kind of freaking out. Cap1 LIED and told me my statement wouldn't be cut Nov 26.........well I received an email TODAY saying my statement was ready to view. I was going to pay if off This Friday but now I don't no what to do. I read somewhere they report 3 days after the statement is cut. Question is if I was to pay it off today what balance will it report? Thanks

Starting Score: 565
Current Score: 721
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

Re: HELP!

payment due date is different from payment cut off...for example, my due date is the 5th, but it cuts on the 8th...any payment UP to the 8 is counted and is reported as the ending statement balance to the crs

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 2 of 20
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Rkalynsmith wrote:

Okay I'm kind of freaking out. Cap1 LIED and told me my statement wouldn't be cut Nov 26.........well I received an email TODAY saying my statement was ready to view. I was going to pay if off This Friday but now I don't no what to do. I read somewhere they report 3 days after the statement is cut. Question is if I was to pay it off today what balance will it report? Thanks

nothng you can really do now but pay it and see.... but worse case you know for next month when to pay to beat the statement.... where you trying to apply for new stuff this month or something?

Message 3 of 20
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

i don't want to freak out the OP even more, but whenever cap1 sends me an email that my statement is ready for view, it's already past the statement cut off, hence the new statement is ready to view.

---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 4 of 20
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

The 26th is 9 days from now. When was your payment due? Is thus your first bill with them? Did you make a payment this month?
Message 5 of 20
Rkalynsmith
Regular Contributor

This is the first bill. Due date is not until Dec 9. I didn't make any payments becus I was given a different date when my statement was to be cut. I had planned on applying for something this month but I guess I will have to wait. I'm a lil upset about this becus my utilization will be 40% if this posts.

Message 6 of 20
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Rkalynsmith wrote:
This is the first bill. Due date is not until Dec 9. I didn't make any payments becus I was given a different date when my statement was to be cut. I had planned on applying for something this month but I guess I will have to wait. I'm a lil upset about this becus my utilization will be 40% if this posts.

What did you want to apply for?

are the 580 current scores?

Message 7 of 20
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

i'd agree that since it's your first statement, the change in due date won't take effect til the 2nd billing...the thing i would be more worried about is cap1 reporting that you were late so i would just call cap1 and ask for "forgiveness" if you are late.

---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 8 of 20
Rkalynsmith
Regular Contributor

Late? I'm not late. Bill isn't due until 12/6/2013. I wanted to PIF before the statement came out.

Message 9 of 20
Rkalynsmith
Regular Contributor

My scores are over 600 FAKO. I just haven't update my signature. Lol I was going to apply for an auto and I wanted a nice lil boost before applying.

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.