Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP!

tag
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

Re: HELP!

@Rkalynsmith wrote:
Late? I'm not late. Bill isn't due until 12/6/2013. I wanted to PIF before the statement came out.

i'm now confused...lol..trying to understand here so i can better give my opinion...you said in your first post that the statement doesn't cut til the 26th of this month? then you say it's due on the 6th of dec? but a new statement has been generated that you got notification for? on your first bill, what was the due date? sorry i'm just trying to grasp your situation

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 11 of 20
Rkalynsmith
Regular Contributor

LOL okay here it goes. This is the FIRST statement ever. When I received the card from CAP1 they stated to me that the statement will be the 26th of every month. I wanted to pay the balance in full before the statement comes out. Today I received an email stating my Statement was ready! Meaning I wasn't able to pay the balance off before it hit. The DUE DATE is Dec 6. Why did they LIE and say my statement date will be the 26th of every month. Do i have time to pay now before it hits my credit report. My utilization is 40% right now

Starting Score: 565
Current Score: 721
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 20
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

ok so it is the first statement...is it asking for a minimum payment already? if i'm now understanding it correctly, i think you should be ok if you pay your balance off before the due date of your first statement, which is the 6th...do you know if that card is already reporting? usually cap1 won't report to the crs until after your first statement cut off.

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 13 of 20
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Not sure what the confusion is here!   The OP just wanted to PIF before the statement cut, he/she was told that the statement date would be 26 of each month, and now finds out a statement has been generated.   So with others I believe that it is too late, that the balance on that statement is what will be reported (although one poster suggests that payment between now and when they report it will reduce the balance.  Never heard of that but maybe).

But OP, not a great problem, except it sounds like it will prevent you apping this month. Next month will be ok

Message 14 of 20
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@longtimelurker wrote:

Not sure what the confusion is here!   The OP just wanted to PIF before the statement cut, he/she was told that the statement date would be 26 of each month, and now finds out a statement has been generated.   So with others I believe that it is too late, that the balance on that statement is what will be reported (although one poster suggests that payment between now and when they report it will reduce the balance.  Never heard of that but maybe).

But OP, not a great problem, except it sounds like it will prevent you apping this month. Next month will be ok

+1

OP - not sure about this whole "LIE" stipulation you made but it's possible that if the account wasn't fully set up when you contacted them that they estimated that date to be the "approximate" closing date.  I doubt they 'lied" about the specifics and perhaps provided just some incorrect information unless some signals got mixed up and your statement truly generated on the 16th vs. the 26th.  At the end of the day, what's done is done.  Thus, the account will report with whatever balance was generated on your statement, and as longtimelurker pointed out above, next month should be fine.  Not the end of the world.

Message 15 of 20
Rkalynsmith
Regular Contributor

A LIE was what it was and what I called it............ANYWHO just got off the phone with CAP1 and the statement date is the 15th of every month even tho they emailed me today saying the statement was ready. My due date is the 12th even tho it says the 9th. This whole operation is messed up. She says they report every 30-60 days so I guess I couldn't get the loan this month even if I wanted too. January? LOL 

Starting Score: 565
Current Score: 721
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 16 of 20
zerobacan
Established Contributor

OP... capone will cut the first stament about 10 days since you are approved for the card. That is what happened to you. CSRs sin by lack of knowledge in our myfico specifics... just wait for the next statement to report...
Amex PRG NPSL, Amex Delta 2k (AU) Discover iT 5k, BOFA Siggy $5k, BOFA AlaskaAir Siggy 5k, BBVA Compass $5k! Macy's $4.5k, C1 $2.5, SFCU $2.5k, SFCU LOC $2k, Paypal SmartC $4k, Sam's 5.5k Victoria Secret $2k, Kay's $1.7k.,76/Citi $1.5k Amazon $5k, Walmart Disco $3k JC Penny $4k, C1 $2.5, BBRZ 700.
Starting:TU:536 EXP:561 : EQ:552 Current:TU:680 Walmart (2-15-14)EXP:712 FICO!! (12-4-13):EQ:622 (FICO 2-6-14) Uti 27% Goal: 720 By 12-13.
Message 17 of 20
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

I would suggest looking at the dates on your statement. Emails statements are usually sent out a day or so after the statement cuts. If your statement ended on the 15th, it would be inline with 24-48 hours of you receiving the email.
Message 18 of 20
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

If you are doing this to get a car loan then you should wait until Jan. anyway since that is the best time to buy a car.  Additionally, if you only have the one Capone card you probably won't get the best rate.  You might need to read a bit more about this and ask some more advice.  When you are at the signon screen there is a nice pamphlet about credit and FICO scoring which you would be better off reading now than putting it off.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 19 of 20
enharu
Super Contributor

if your top priority was to get a car loan at a good rate, you shouldn't have applied for any new accounts right before you were going to get a loan.

Now that the damage is done anyhow, talk to your dealer. Sometimes they can work out some wiggle room as well, since their top priority is to sell the car. If you're 10-20 points away from their best prime rate for example, usually they'll still give it to you. 

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.