Valued Contributor

Re: HHHHHHONORS!

Smiley Wink

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 21 of 24
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

Re: HHHHHHONOR$$

i got a notification that the interest rate of my hilton hhonors card had gone up to 18.24 percent from the 2.9 percent apr promo. the deal was that it would go to 15.24 after the promo.

so i called in and asked to confim what the standard purchase apr was for my hhonors card. (the lady on the other end was fantastic by the way) she said 15.24, confirming mint.com was incorrect,(way too much).

i breathed a huge sigh of relief upon confirmation, so i figured, now that i am on the phone, this would be a great time to ask if there are any offers to lower my apr. the miss started out with a promo offer of 2.9 percent for a year. i said thats okay i will save that for another day. so i ask her now specifically, do you have any offers to lower my standard purchase apr, she checks and sure enough she comes back with 12.24 standard apr. Smiley Happy smiley very happy!

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 22 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@scottwagnon wrote:

i got a notification that the interest rate of my hilton hhonors card had gone up to 18.24 percent from the 2.9 percent apr promo. the deal was that it would go to 15.24 after the promo.

so i called in and asked to confim what the standard purchase apr was for my hhonors card. (the lady on the other end was fantastic by the way) she said 15.24, confirming mint.com was incorrect,(way too much).

i breathed a huge sigh of relief upon confirmation, so i figured, now that i am on the phone, this would be a great time to ask if there are any offers to lower my apr. the miss started out with a promo offer of 2.9 percent for a year. i said thats okay i will save that for another day. so i ask her now specifically, do you have any offers to lower my standard purchase apr, she checks and sure enough she comes back with 12.24 standard apr. Smiley Happy smiley very happy!

Nice! Congrats! Makes me want to call them to lower the apr on my amex blue card I have had for years 

Message 23 of 24
credithappy
Regular Contributor

Congratulations that is good news!!!!!😄😄😄 I guess I will call and see if that would lower my interest rate from 15.24 to lower. I is worth a try. Sorry fingers were to fast it is worth a try.
Amex Green - Amex BCP - Amex Everyday Card - Amex Rose Gold - Elan Visa - Xcel FCU Visa - Walmart MC - Sam's MC - Macy's - Bloomingdales - Nordstrom - Sam's Club CC - Discover IT and US Bank Visa FlexPerks - AMEX HHonors - NAVcheck - NAVcashRewards Sig Visa, NAVgoRewards MC, Chase Amazon VISA, BoA CashRewards VISA - Chase Marriott Reward Premier CC, Jetblue Card MC, PenFed Power CR Visa Signature Card, Chase Freedom, Nordy VISA and BBVA
Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.