Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HHI or just mine when apping?

tag
peepers
Frequent Contributor

HHI or just mine when apping?

Ok, so I wont be aping for anything else in the next year or so........however Im curious.....when I applied for NFCU, Discover and my AMEX's I only used my income as I was the sole applicant (not joint with my husband). Was I correct in using just my income, or was I to have used household income including his?
AMEX Green charge NPSL | NFCU Cashrewards Visa Sig $25,000 | NFCU Navcheck $15,000 | AMEX Everyday $15,000 | Discover IT $19,000 | Amex BCP $18,000 | Cap1 Quicksilver $5000 | Firestone $2,400 I Amex Oasis Optima (recovery card) $500 (closed July 2014)
MyFICO: TU 780, EQ 785 EX 776 Discover TU FICO 780. Rebuilt from 500's....closed on home May 2015!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: HHI or just mine when apping?

@peepers wrote:
Ok, so I wont be aping for anything else in the next year or so........however Im curious.....when I applied for NFCU, Discover and my AMEX's I only used my income as I was the sole applicant (not joint with my husband). Was I correct in using just my income, or was I to have used household income including his?

Since you were approved and approved at such high limits, I would not worry about it.

Message 2 of 6
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

@Creditaddict wrote:

@peepers wrote:

Since you were approved and approved at such high limits, I would not worry about it.

I've asked different places. Chase and an AMEX chat rep both said hhi, US Bank told me specifically individual.

Message 3 of 6
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

@-NewGuy- wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@peepers wrote:
Ok, so I wont be aping for anything else in the next year or so........howeverIm curious.....when I applied forNFCU, Discover and myAMEX's I only used my income as I was the sole applicant (not joint with my husband). Was I correct in using just my income, or was I to have used household income including his?

I've asked different places. Chase and an AMEX chat rep both said hhi, US Bank told me specifically individual.

That's funny that the CSR for Amex said HHI because last night I went onto Amex's website to look into a CLI for my initial CL of 21K I have had the EDP since April.  When it got to income it specifically said individual income.  I know from recent discussions on here that the law has been changed to include HHI.  Someone even posted the link of the change.
Message 4 of 6
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@peepers wrote:
Was I correct in using just my income, or was I to have used household income including his?

What did the apps state?

Message 5 of 6
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

@ezdoesit wrote:

@-NewGuy- wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@peepers wrote:
Ok, so I wont be aping for anything else in the next year or so........howeverIm curious.....when I applied forNFCU, Discover and myAMEX's I only used my income as I was the sole applicant (not joint with my husband). Was I correct in using just my income, or was I to have used household income including his?

That's funny that the CSR for Amex said HHI because last night I went onto Amex's website to look into a CLI for my initial CL of 21K I have had the EDP since April.  When it got to income it specifically said individual income.  I know from recent discussions on here that the law has been changed to include HHI.  Someone even posted the link of the change.

The law change ALLOWS lenders to consider HHI, it does NOT require them to do so.  I personally always use HHI unless the app specifically states that it wants personal income.  In some cases the app will ask for personal income and then provide a place for additional income where you can include your spouce's income.

It all just depends on what the application is asking for.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.