Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HHonors Points

tag
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

HHonors Points

Now that I reach the gold status with Hilton.  What do you value HHonors points at?

image.png

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
DrZoidberg
Established Contributor

Re: HHonors Points

The points are worth about 0.5 cent each. But it depeneds on location and category you redeem. A stay in Chicago per night is the same as the Conrad Dublin. I have 1.5 million points. I'm saving for Europe.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Exactly what Drzoid said. Points varies on the places and locations you want to stay at. 

Here is an old thread from March me explaining what we are saying. I hope this helps you for your future stays Smiley Happy

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Citi-Hilton-75k-Signup-Bonus/td-p/4520358

good luck!

Message 3 of 9
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

@DrZoidberg wrote:

The points are worth about 0.5 cent each. But it depeneds on location and category you redeem. A stay in Chicago per night is the same as the Conrad Dublin. I have 1.5 million points. I'm saving for Europe.

Thanks.   I'm trying to stay at the Hilton Tokyo Japan but I don't have enough points. I need 432,533 more points for five-day stay.  

Message 4 of 9
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Exactly what Drzoid said. Points varies on the places and locations you want to stay at. 

Here is an old thread from March me explaining what we are saying. I hope this helps you for your future stays Smiley Happy

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Citi-Hilton-75k-Signup-Bonus/td-p/4520358

good luck!

Thanks for the info. 

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!!! Did you earn these points from actual hotel stays or  credit card bonus points? I am a Silver member and working towards Gold myself.

Message 6 of 9
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats!!!! Did you earn these points from actual hotel stays or  credit card bonus points? I am a Silver member and working towards Gold myself.

Thanks GDanzy.  It was from actual hotel stays.  

Message 7 of 9
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Hilton hotels can be quite pricey, however, the value goes up substantially when you get to mid-tier elite status (gold) and even more with diamond.

Gold status will get you free breakfast for (almost) all of your stays, spare the super high end brands. Breakfast at a full service hotel can easily top $40 per person per day, so for 2 people that's $80 a day in savings.

It also grants you the ability to request room upgrades, which can result in you getting upgraded to club level, getting you club level access.

You'll also receive more points per stay, which doesn't make them more valuable per se, but gives you more value per dollar.

While points bloggers like to differentiate between the "Value" of points, they're worth whatever you can make them worth.

I'd say no program is truly better than any other, as some points may be worth more, but you'll earn less points per dollar. Other points are worth less, but you earn more per dollar.

The one exception to this rule might be the (current) starwood program, due to the airline transfer bonus. However, for hotel stays, it usually all equals out.

A top tier marriott is 45,000 points, and a higher end hilton could be 90,000 points, but some hilton cards have you earning 12 points per dollar on hotel spend, whereas a marriott card will give you 5. A top tier hyatt is 30k points, but you only earn 3 points per dollar with the credit card. A top tier starwood hotel can be as much as 35k points, but you only earn 1 point with the credit card, and you'll only earn 2 points with the credit card on hotel spend.

So, it all pretty much evens out in terms of hotel redemptions.
Message 8 of 9
Nova5041
Frequent Contributor

@Saleen099 wrote:

@DrZoidberg wrote:

Thanks.   I'm trying to stay at the Hilton Tokyo Japan but I don't have enough points. I need 432,533 more points for five-day stay.  

Just a side note,  check out the Hilton Odaiba in tokyo Japan, I loved it, and it's slightly cheaper than Hilton Tokyo. 

BK 7 Discharged: 5/30/2018
Fico Scores after Discharge: Experian-552 TransUnion- 490 Equifax- 571
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.