Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HIGH ALERT TARGET GIVING OUT CLI'S!!!!!

tag
tray
Valued Contributor

HIGH ALERT TARGET GIVING OUT CLI'S!!!!!

I have had my target store card for 2.5 years and not one cli, I was even thinking of closing this account by the holiday's, I was reading another poster thread today about the cli and I decided to check my account online and behold my cl from the measly $200.00 to now $1000.00.  So everyone out there who has a target account check your account on-line as Target gave no notice.  Good Luck

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HIGH ALERT TARGET GIVING OUT CLI'S!!!!!

How funny, because when I saw the previous post I said to myself when I go home I'm going to check, and guess what, CLI from 500.00 to 1,000.00.

I opened this account in April 08, in July of 08 I got my first CLI from 200.00 to 500.00 and then nothing since July 08.

Wonder what's going on with Target with the CLI, they never would give out CLI.

Message 2 of 16
laz98
Senior Contributor

congrats, guys!  this is what happened last time, target gave out a huge batch of CLIs all at once.  very strange, but i'll take it!

EDITED TO ADD:

WOW!!!  i went & checked my account, just for s**ts & giggles.......they gave me a CLI too!  from $1,000 to $1,500.  i'm so excited!

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the post on Target. I have had my Target card for several years now. They originally gave me a 200.00 cl. It went to 500.00. I had some late payments and it went back to 200.00, where it has since stayed. After reading the post, i just went online to check the limit and it has climbed to 1000.00. I can't believe it, Target is being generous. Good thing i read this forum, which is very informative and helpful .    

Message 4 of 16
Tazman81
Established Contributor

Is this the regular target card or the VISA/MC Target card?  Also, who is their card through?  Chase, GE Money?

Current Score: Eq: 823 Tu: 830
Goal Score: Eq: 850 Tu: 850

Wallet: PenFed Power Cash 50k | AMEX Blue Cash (AU) 49.5k | Cap One QSMC 26.5k | AMEX Platinum NPSL | USAA Signature Visa 25k
Message 5 of 16
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@Tazman81 wrote:

Is this the regular target card or the VISA/MC Target card?  Also, who is their card through?  Chase, GE Money?

Target is their own bank, like Nordstrom.    They stopped issuing any new cobranded VISA cards in the spring.  In the fall, they will start giving discount at the register when you use the Target card.

Message 6 of 16
rom828
Established Contributor

Got  my Target card April 2008 with $200 CL.

I was pleasantly suprised to  receive an automatic increase November 2009 to $1000.  I  got that increase just a little after there were lots of posts on here about Target giving automatic CLIs.  I initially thought I'd been left out but one finally showed up for me.

I saw another recent  post  about Target  CLIs and now this one,  and rushed to check my account   but am still at the $1000 CL......no increase yetSmiley Sad

Maybe they just haven't got to me yet! (fingers crossed)

FICOS: TU 732(05-16-16) EQ '08 739( 05-16-16) EX 737 (08-17-16)
Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm among the rest of you.  I opened my Target account back in October of last year (2009).  Last time I logged into check on the account which I have used very infrequently, I also had the increase from $500 to $1000.  As another poster mentioned with the soon up and coming Target in store discount, perhaps they are bulking us up in preperation for that? 

Has anyone heard if it is going to be 3% or 5% yet?  I am so anxious to have this go into effect!

Message 8 of 16
thebostonredsox
Regular Contributor

I opened my account in March 2008 at $200 - - - - - Still at $200 today, despite have FICO scores nearing 800.

I no longer shop at Target as a result..

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same for me.  $200 issued in early 2009.  Have had scores between 750 and 800 since mid 2009.  Have not received an increase.  I shop at target weekly and average about $800-1000 a month.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.