Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HL Card needed- suggestions?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HL Card needed- suggestions?

I have recently taken a position with a company where a lot of travel is involved.  They quickly reimburse for the travel expenses (air/hotel/perdiem) the week after it is incurred but I don't have the cash flow at this time nor a cc w/ a sufficient limit to cover what I may need to.

I would like to apply for a card where I can hope for a limit around 5k, but am afraid that I might not get approved at all.  Plus, I want to keep the inquiries down to a bear minimum (only have 1 from the last 12 months right now.)

I have a CapOne card $750 limit right now that I've had no late payments on and just today paid the balance in full..  I have baddies that are set to drop off in the next 6 months and nothing neg in the last 2 years.  My fako scores: TU 652, EX 604, EQ 621.

Any suggestions on a card I might try for?

Thanks so much for any input from a long time lurker Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
doood71
Regular Contributor

Re: HL Card needed- suggestions?

How bad are the baddies?  And from what companies?

What is your AAoA?

What is your income?

2/15/2011 TU: 773 ~ EQ: 780
8/15/2011 TU: 766 ~ EQ: 783 ~ EX: 753 (psecu)
Message 2 of 8
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Hi Stella....what you will want to do is get your real FICO's here.  There's a promotion going on right now where you can get both TU & EQ for $11 & change each.

This will give you a good indicator.  Come back & tell us your scores & what state you're in.  There's a good credit pull database out there to check against.

I wouldn't just app blindly til you know the score....no pun intended.

Mo

Edit:  Promo code   ---->   NOVEMBER26

Message Edited by BungalowMo on 11-18-2009 02:51 PM
BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Let me restate - these are the scores from here : TU 652, EQ 621 Experian plus score: 604

My income: 65k

Av Acct Age: 8yrs 3months

B of A loan charge off

DOFD 2/2003 

Beneficial natl bank  sold

DOFD 2/2003

Arrow Financial

DoFD 7/2003 $7808 

Financial problems (ending w/ divorce) 2002-2004 are still plaguing me when it comes to things like this.

Message 4 of 8
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Too bad you can't wait for those 2 to drop in Feb!  Smiley Sad

What's your util% right now?

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 5 of 8
TangMeister
Frequent Contributor

OP, I would look into some local credit unions to see what they can offer you.  Print out your full report and FICO scores you quoted, and take them with you to a local CU.  Sit down with a loan officer, show him the reports, explain your situation and see if you would qualify with them for a credit card *before* you actually apply for one with them.  They should be able to tell you if the baddies are a deal-breaker, and it will save you quite a few headaches and inquiries.  Good luck!
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you can qualify for either, NFCU and PSECU are the best options for less than perfect credit.  However, both have membership limitations.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much for the suggestions.  I'll let you know the outcome!!
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.