Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOLY COW CAPITAL ONE!!

tag
blondie_keen
New Contributor

HOLY COW CAPITAL ONE!!

So I've had my Cap1 card with a $500 limit since June 2007. I called once for an increase and was denied (over a year ago) so I decided to check out the website and maybe try again but the site said they gave increases with periodic reviews so I decided not to bother.

Fast forward to a few days later and I'm checking my account to see my balance and how much my minimum amount owed was and I literally gasped out loud! My credit line had jumped from $500 to $5500!!! OMG, are you kidding me!! lol.

It's now been over a week and it doesn't look like a fluke so I am just over the moon. I'm still in college so this is HUGE for me (this is my only card) but since I had credit problems in the past this time around is going to be a different story!

I just had to share with all my fellow MYFICO friends

Happy Holidays

MAY 2009 FICO SCORES

EQ 639
TU 647
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HOLY COW CAPITAL ONE!!

@blondie_keen wrote:

So I've had my Cap1 card with a $500 limit since June 2007. I called once for an increase and was denied (over a year ago) so I decided to check out the website and maybe try again but the site said they gave increases with periodic reviews so I decided not to bother.

Fast forward to a few days later and I'm checking my account to see my balance and how much my minimum amount owed was and I literally gasped out loud! My credit line had jumped from $500 to $5500!!! OMG, are you kidding me!! lol.

It's now been over a week and it doesn't look like a fluke so I am just over the moon. I'm still in college so this is HUGE for me (this is my only card) but since I had credit problems in the past this time around is going to be a different story!

I just had to share with all my fellow MYFICO friends

Happy Holidays

WOOOWWW. MERY X-MAS Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 9
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

That's absolutely outstanding, blondie_keen!

Congratulations!

I'll just bet you'll be getting offers in the mail for other cards in the very near future, too.  Choose wisely when those offers arrive.  You'll only want to app for the best of them!

And a very Merry Christmas to you, too!  Enjoy your break.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats.

I think they are being generous all of a sudden, my Fiance's card was just increased from $1500 to $4500.

Message 4 of 9
favre_2_free
New Contributor

I just checked mine yesterday....about 2 months after requesting a CLI and getting the standard "you account isn't elligible for customer initiated increases".....and My credit line was increased from 2,000 to 6,000!!!! I gaspsed out loud and then fell out of my chair!
Amex Gold, Capital One VentureOne & Platium Cards, AAA BoA Signature Visa, Barclays Airtran & Frontier Airlines Cards, Paypal MC, Best Buy RewardZone Mastercard and Chase Speedway Mastercard....and I FINALLY Welcome to Discover...thank you and have a great day!!!!
EX: 667 (8/6 Amex App) - EQ 700 - TU 697
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is great! The same happened to me. I have had a 2k limit for 3yrs now and never really used it. All of the sudden I went on my honeymoon in Aug 09 ans used it a littl ebit then in Dec I went from 2k-6k! Love you Cap One. Now I think that maybe I should apply for another one if they're being generous!!!
Message 6 of 9
startover03
New Contributor

In November the same thing happened to me, from $500 limit after almost 5 years to $4500.  I did not request an increase.  Interesting.  I was not using the card very often, probably for 6 months or so.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrads to all on your recent CLIs. Cap One still hates me. I have the card for 5 yrs with one CLI from $200 to $500. I recently had my APR reduced to my previous introductory rate 12.90% due to my wonderful payment history, but no CLI.
Message 8 of 9
DI
Super Contributor

Congrats!  Cap 1 still haven't picked my name  yet for a CLI.  Maybe, I'll win the lottery with them soon. Until then, my CL is still stagnant at a wopping $750.  What's not in my wallet?
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.