Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOOTERS DRAMA DRAMA

tag
creditdream
Frequent Contributor

HOOTERS DRAMA DRAMA

Hi everyone i call HOOTERS csr yesterday to see if i am qualified for cli after i been with them for almost 6 months ,and based on my payment history& the usage of the card .
So she told me would you like us to check your credit history ? i told her is that going to be soft or hard inq?
She told me is going to be soft .
So i give her permeation to check it,and is going to be soft .
After she put me in hold for a while,she come back and say i am so sorry we can't increased you at this time,but you will get a letter in the mail in the next week to tell you why you were denied . Ok that's fine .
Today i found out thro EXPERIAN that HOOTERS did check my credit history,but not soft in fact it was hard .
I call HOOTERS ,and i was really mad. So i told them that who come your csr told me is going to be soft,and i found out it was hard inq. So after she put me in hold for couple minuts i found out that they did pull 3 inq on me from EXP,EQ,TU .Smiley Mad 
Finally after a long conversation,and argue she put me in hold. When she come back she said her supervisor will call me in the next couple of day . Smiley Mad
WHAT MY FICO FRIENDS THINK ?

Message Edited by creditdream on 04-24-2008 04:55 PM
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Changingmantra
Established Contributor

Re: HOOTERS DRAMA DRAMA

Sounds like an opportunity  for Hooters to offset their damage by increasing your limit and an opportunity for you to point it out to them!  Smiley Wink

Message Edited by Changingmantra on 04-24-2008 04:54 PM
*Note to self* Remember why and for how long you had to rebuild in the first place! One Day at a Time, One Day at a Time!
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

By all means press the issue--the CSR should have been truthful and said it was going to be a hard or at least have said, "I don't know," and contacted someone who does.

However, at the end of the day, know that one extra inquiry really isn't going to significantly affect your FICO score.
Message 3 of 12
creditdream
Frequent Contributor

I can't belief what they have done to me,and the funny part that she said when we are going to give a cli we check your credit history from all credit bearue,and then i told her if i knew this will happened right away i am not willing to continued the processes .
This is going to show us how lousy is their customer service is .
Message 4 of 12
creditdream
Frequent Contributor

TheNewWorldMan as i said they pull 3 INQ NOT 1 ,and she told me is going to be SOFT .
Message 5 of 12
TKDALLSTAR
Contributor

When I called Hooters to inquire last month about a CLI, they noted it was going to be a hard inquiry. I passed on it, seeing I have only had the card for 7 months, with CL at $2000 and 24% APR. The rep. told you it was going to be a soft inquiry? Wow -- I really think they should offer you a CLI just for the mis-understanding..
Message 6 of 12
KingAdrock
Established Contributor

If they ask permission to pull, doesn't that generally mean a hard?
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I heard they hard for a CLI thats why I figured I will get it manually or never unless I can afford the inquiry--yeah i always check on here to see what others say about companys for CLIs before I request just to be safe...ya never know
Message 8 of 12
nathan
Frequent Contributor

From what I have read from many threads, hooters does not want customers to request a cli. they would rather give it to you at their discretion. It looks like almost everybody that request it gets denied after a hard pull.
Message 9 of 12
MsKitty
Established Member

ok, got a question about Hooters.  I received a card,then was sent a letter that because they could not verify myincome, if I faxed a recent copy of my pay stub, I could get an increase.  Has anyone had this experience?  Any thoughts?
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.