cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOUSEHOLD BANK SAYS THEY DON'T WAIVE AF?!

tag
shalane85
Frequent Contributor

HOUSEHOLD BANK SAYS THEY DON'T WAIVE AF?!

NOW I REALLY DONT BELIEVE THAT THEY DONT WAIVE AF B/C I'VE HEARD OF TOO MANY PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM HAVING THEM WAIVED ALREADY. SO I'M GOING TO CALL BACK AFTER THEY CHARGE ME THE AF AND SPEAK TO ANOTHER CSR.

HAS ANYONE ELSE BEEN TOLD THIS?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HOUSEHOLD BANK SAYS THEY DON'T WAIVE AF?!

Sure they will tell u that cuase they really don't wanna waive the AF. I think it's all in who u talk to when you call. The only way u might get them to waive it if you threaten to close the account but be careful how u word things they might just close the account. If you don't like paying AF i would suggest in the future you just git rid of good old HSBC an replace it with a card without a AF.
Message 2 of 3
Guardian
Valued Contributor

Re: HOUSEHOLD BANK SAYS THEY DON'T WAIVE AF?!

@shalane85 wrote:

NOW I REALLY DONT BELIEVE THAT THEY DONT WAIVE AF B/C I'VE HEARD OF TOO MANY PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM HAVING THEM WAIVED ALREADY. SO I'M GOING TO CALL BACK AFTER THEY CHARGE ME THE AF AND SPEAK TO ANOTHER CSR.

HAS ANYONE ELSE BEEN TOLD THIS?

Of course they will say that, its a source of income for them. You need to be prepared to lose the account, tell them that you will close the account (be prepared to follow through) and they will send you to account retention to try and negotiate with you and they will often do it, although there are times they won't either. Then you lose the account.

Common Abbreviations|FDCPA|FCRA
Take the FICO Fitness ChallengeStarting Score: TU:695 - EQ:719 - EX:630
Current Score: TU:712 - EQ:755 - EX:712
Goal Score: TU:800 - EQ:800 - EX:800

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.