Frequent Contributor
shalane85

HOUSEHOLD BANK SAYS THEY DON'T WAIVE AF?!

NOW I REALLY DONT BELIEVE THAT THEY DONT WAIVE AF B/C I'VE HEARD OF TOO MANY PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM HAVING THEM WAIVED ALREADY. SO I'M GOING TO CALL BACK AFTER THEY CHARGE ME THE AF AND SPEAK TO ANOTHER CSR.

HAS ANYONE ELSE BEEN TOLD THIS?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Starting Score: 472
Current Score: 628
Goal Score: 680

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Starting Score: EQ FICO 470 TU FICO 482 7/15/2011
Current Score: EX ?? /EQ FICO 628 / TU ??
Goal Score: 680 across the board!

Navy Federal nRewards $500 cl
Capitol One Platinum (AU) $7500 cl
USAA Amex $250
Kay Jewelers $900
Valued Contributor
mjbfan79

Re: HOUSEHOLD BANK SAYS THEY DON'T WAIVE AF?!

Sure they will tell u that cuase they really don't wanna waive the AF. I think it's all in who u talk to when you call. The only way u might get them to waive it if you threaten to close the account but be careful how u word things they might just close the account. If you don't like paying AF i would suggest in the future you just git rid of good old HSBC an replace it with a card without a AF.

Starting Score 3-31-08: EQ 582 TU 577 EX 625
Current Score 3-19-10: EQ 703 TU 712 EX No Clue
Goal Score: 800 By January Of 2012

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
Guardian

Re: HOUSEHOLD BANK SAYS THEY DON'T WAIVE AF?!

shalane85 wrote:

NOW I REALLY DONT BELIEVE THAT THEY DONT WAIVE AF B/C I'VE HEARD OF TOO MANY PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM HAVING THEM WAIVED ALREADY. SO I'M GOING TO CALL BACK AFTER THEY CHARGE ME THE AF AND SPEAK TO ANOTHER CSR.

HAS ANYONE ELSE BEEN TOLD THIS?

Of course they will say that, its a source of income for them. You need to be prepared to lose the account, tell them that you will close the account (be prepared to follow through) and they will send you to account retention to try and negotiate with you and they will often do it, although there are times they won't either. Then you lose the account.

Common Abbreviations|FDCPA|FCRA
Take the FICO Fitness ChallengeStarting Score: TU:695 - EQ:719 - EX:630
Current Score: TU:712 - EQ:755 - EX:712
Goal Score: TU:800 - EQ:800 - EX:800

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+