Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOW LONG FOR AU ACCTS TO DELETE?!?

tag
rom828
Established Contributor

HOW LONG FOR AU ACCTS TO DELETE?!?

For utilization and AofA reasons, deleted myself from DH's BoA, Discover and Citi cards last week.

All these accts, however, are still showing on all 3 CRAs as of today.

From reading some older posts, it seems this should be an easy matter, but in some instances took 2 months.

Just wondering if anyone has recent experience w/this??  Would it speed things along if I dispute with CRAs?  If I did so, would there be some kind of black mark by my name w/the CCC, as we'll probably want to add me back as AU in the future?!

FICOS: TU 732(05-16-16) EQ '08 739( 05-16-16) EX 737 (08-17-16)
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
oracles
Valued Contributor

Re: HOW LONG FOR AU ACCTS TO DELETE?!?

I think you need to be a little more patient. Most CCC report the statement date. Therefore find out what are the statement dates for the credit cards. Then wait 7-10 days after that for the CB's to update. Then you will see the change.

Keep us updated

Message 2 of 7
cobaltnv
Established Contributor

My wife had herself removed from one of her mothers cc. The TL was off her CR in under two weeks. I was an AU on two or three cards of my ex-wife. They stayed on my credit report until I noticed them (a couple of years later) and disputed them as belonging to an ex-wife and therefore not mine.  They were removed immediately with no trouble. I am not sure disputing would be the best way to do remove the account in a normal instance.  If you give it six weeks or so and you are still listed I would say go ahead and dispute.

Cheers 

TU 810: EQ 813: EX 814 (9/16/09--Loan officer pull)

Helpful Threads
Frequently Requested Threads
Understanding your Fico Score
Message 3 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

It varies by bank. Bank of America removes AU's at the next regular update (the next time the cardholder's statement drops.) Same happened when I escaped from my daughter's Gap card. (whew)

Meanwhile, I can't get American Express to stop reporting on DH's and DD#2's reports to save my neck. They were removed back in September. You have to call a number, M-F only, that takes you to one lone highly irritable employee who demands a report number from a full EX report. What, I have to get them to pull and pay for their full EX reports, when all AmEx has to do is look at its own screens and see that they're no longer on there??

AmEx is without a doubt the most disorganized outfit I've ever seen. And I'm a Federal employee, so believe me, that's saying a lot.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 7
rom828
Established Contributor

Thanks everyone for your insights!

I guess I thought they'd update almost immediately since they all added my very quickly.

I'll just sit tight and wait on 'em.  I'm just anxious as I'm hoping for a little score boost from deleting these 3 accts that are less than 1 yr old (will be 1 yr in April) and improved utilization.

Message 5 of 7
oracles
Valued Contributor

@rom828 wrote:

Thanks everyone for your insights!

I guess I thought they'd update almost immediately since they all added my very quickly.

I'll just sit tight and wait on 'em.  I'm just anxious as I'm hoping for a little score boost from deleting these 3 accts that are less than 1 yr old (will be 1 yr in April) and improved utilization.

keep us updated with the results

Message 6 of 7
rom828
Established Contributor

Just check creditsecure report and Bank of America is deleted....

now just waiting for Citi and Discover!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.