Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOW LONG SHOULD YOU WAIT AFTER BK TO APPLY FOR CREDIT CARD

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HOW LONG SHOULD YOU WAIT AFTER BK TO APPLY FOR CREDIT CARD

My bk was just discharged. I had to file because of helping somoene else out and they did not hold up to their part of the agreement. Neway how long to wait before applying for a CC
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HOW LONG SHOULD YOU WAIT AFTER BK TO APPLY FOR CREDIT CARD

Depends on your score and baddies that still show and whether or not they are IIB. Share a little more about your profile and we can provide more actionable answers to your question.

MANY people can receive Credit Cards right after BK discharge. A good place to start is with your CRAs though. You may need to do some clean up first to see immediate results on the CC fronts. What are your scores and what are the baddies IIB and otherwise?

Let us know.

Rob
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Since your on this site, im assuming you pulled your reports? if you can add some info Like scores, we can help point you to the right card.  You can get an orchard right now, but why get it with a 79 fee and 149 set up fee if you can get another card. we need some feedback..Smiley Wink
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
My bk was just discharged. I had to file because of helping somoene else out and they did not hold up to their part of the agreement. Neway how long to wait before applying for a CC

You should just wait to get an offer in the mail.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

My advice would be apply for a cap 1.   low ann fee.  use the card and build credit..  If your not worried about ann. fee then apply for an orchard.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I received an offer in the mail (and a card) from Orchard before my BK was even discharged. I took it - but it has an annual fee. Two months after discharge, I got an offer from Cap 1 for a no annual fee card. I agree with post above to wait for an offer as they will come. Just watch out for (and shred) any  with crazy sign-up and monthly fees, e.g., Aspire, etc. I'm 3 years post-discharge and have several cards; the only one with a fee is that Orchard Card, which I keep just for aging purposes. I'll probably close it next year. In the meantime, do pull your credit reports and make sure everyone is reporting IIB correctly, dispute as needed.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.