Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOW TO REMOVE INQUIRY FROM TU REPORT

tag
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

HOW TO REMOVE INQUIRY FROM TU REPORT

applied for finger hut credit card, my dad and i HAVE SAME NAME AND ADDRESS SO FINGER OR WEB BANK PULLED MY DADS TRANSUNION CREDIT REPORT INSTEAD OF MINE BECAUSE I LACK PUBIC RECORDS SO ANYWAY HOW CAN WE REMOVE THIS FROM HIS TRANSUNION CREDIT REPORT. HES BEEN IN THE GARDEN SINCE MAY 2012 AND WANT THIS INQUIRY OFF HIS REPORT. SO YEAH.... BLEH!!! NEEVER APPLYING FOR FINGER HUT AGAIN.

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

Re: HOW TO REMOVE INQUIRY FROM TU REPORT

Call Transunion and let them know of the mistake and verify that it was in fact you who applied to Fingerhut.  

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 2 of 10
Tryon2improve
Regular Contributor

Well for starters I would gather your dad and both call TU, tell them what is going on and they should be able to verify the social used on the application etc.  It will take a few days and you will probably have to mail in proofs etc.  This should help establish your own files.  I am surpised you are having this issue.  My dad and I have the same name and address until I was 22 and had only 1 out of 15 things get reported wrong.

Message 3 of 10
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Since its not fraud, your Dad needs to write Fingerhut, explain the situation and they should notify all bureaus affected.  They may want your Dad to send a copy of his ID and/or SS for verification purposes.  I would also send the request certified mail.  

I called TU about an inquiry from a bank- they told me that the only way they remove inq's if they are not fraud related is if the creditor/lender notifies them. 

Hope that helps. 

Message 4 of 10
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

Do they actually ask for your SSN ??? You both probably have a different SSN right ?? how is that possible ???

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 5 of 10
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

@nicholasyud Yes we have different ssn but I have no credit history nor public records so they might of only found my dad which has the same name and address as me and thought I was him. IDK its pretty retarded since we have different ssn. 

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Message 6 of 10
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

According to finger hut or web bank i have to write to TU and tell them the situation so that they can electronically inform finger hut.... thats what the lady said to me. I now have to call TU and make them give me the address were you dispute inquiries. All this having same name and adress is really making it hard for me to even be added to credit cards as AU beacuse they will immediately report it to my dads credit bureaus and not mines Smiley Sad it sucks.

Message 7 of 10
Tryon2improve
Regular Contributor

Easiest solution:  Move out :-)

Could you use a grandparents address to start getting credit?

Message 8 of 10
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

I have no close relatives. For now I'll just wait 6 more months until my credit builds with my Sears Mastrecard which Im as AU which required my ssn# and hasnt reported to my dads report like the others that Ive been added to. So it looks like its reproting to my credit Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 10
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Thanks for all your ideas Smiley Wink

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.