Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP or SP/ Wal-Mart for cli

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HP or SP/ Wal-Mart for cli

Anyone know the answer for cli , would like make request since my score has improved and received my last increase over a year.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HP or SP/ Wal-Mart for cli

Soft. Has been discussed countless times.
Message 2 of 6
DM6410
Regular Contributor

It is generally a soft pull. They may not do a new or very recent soft pull, they usually look at the last time they reviewed your report and base the decision on that report's contents. Others have posted questions on this forum regarding Walmart doing this. They also did this to me on my Old Navy card when I requested a CLI, used an old report from the last time they had softed my report and denied me. YMMV!

As far as my credit goes, I am a work in progress...
Message 3 of 6
CS800
Super Contributor

Both times for me the CLI's were softs

Message 4 of 6
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Soft. Has been discussed countless times.

You may not believe this, but some people don't live their lives on the MyFICO message boards or have much of a search engine aptitude. That was a little too snotty for what was a one-word answer, IMO.

In my wallet: Apple $5,000, local CU $15,000, Bread AMEX $5,000. In my sock drawer: A few other cards Smiley Happy

Current scores (EQ, EX, TU): 787, 788, 796
Message 5 of 6
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

FYI, it's possible to recon if you get denied for a CLI or if you're not satisfied with the approved limit. The backdoor # is in the backdoor sticky.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.