cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP question..

tag
tassim003

HP question..

I applied for Barclays card and last week and got denied.. the reason was i have a short credit history (re-establish).. I called them to reconsider

and they hp again without my permission.. Now i have 2 HP within a week from the same bank.. Is reconsider means Re applying??

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
vish1
Valued Contributor

Re: HP question..

@tassim003 wrote:

I applied for Barclays card and last week and got denied.. the reason was i have a short credit history (re-establish).. I called them to reconsider

and they hp again without my permission.. Now i have 2 HP within a week from the same bank.. Is reconsider means Re applying??

You can call them, yell at them, but I don't think you will be able to get the HP removed.

I understand it's unfair but, I will just live with it and NOT sweat it out too much. Not many lenders use TU anyway.

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 2 of 7
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Greetings tassim....

First off...welcome to the forums!  I want to mention & ask a few things.

When you called the second time, what did they say?  Were you approved?  Denied? have to wait a few days?

I do want to mention, I see your scores in your sig block, but where did you get them?  How long is your credit history?  Do you have any baddies (negative items reporting)?

If you do have bad marks on your reports, there are ways to try & clean these up.  If that is the case, I highly suggest repairing before trying to rebuild.  The cleaner the report, the more likely you are to be approved.  Let us know if you have any baddies on your report & we can help you from there. 

I would hold off on any more apps until we can help you bring up your scores.

You came to the right place tho...this site has helped me tremendously through the years!!  I just like repaying that favor!

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 3 of 7
tassim003

@vish1 wrote:

@tassim003 wrote:

You can call them, yell at them, but I don't think you will be able to get the HP removed.

I understand it's unfair but, I will just live with it and NOT sweat it out too much. Not many lenders use TU anyway.

I will never apply for thier card again.. this is unfair..

Message 4 of 7
tassim003

@BungalowMo wrote:

Greetings tassim....

First off...welcome to the forums!  I want to mention & ask a few things.

When you called the second time, what did they say?  Were you approved?  Denied? have to wait a few days?

I do want to mention, I see your scores in your sig block, but where did you get them?  How long is your credit history?  Do you have any baddies (negative items reporting)?

If you do have bad marks on your reports, there are ways to try & clean these up.  If that is the case, I highly suggest repairing before trying to rebuild.  The cleaner the report, the more likely you are to be approved.  Let us know if you have any baddies on your report & we can help you from there. 

I would hold off on any more apps until we can help you bring up your scores.

You came to the right place tho...this site has helped me tremendously through the years!!  I just like repaying that favor!

my credit history is over 7 years.. i had a car loan with WFDS 2005-2011 with 2 60 late in 2010 and they reported me 30 60 30 60 days late consegetively and i am takling this one now.. I had a charged off chase card in 2010.. this is all my baddies.. I didnt apply for credit recently i waited due to career and relocation. Now i am back to rebuild my credit and Barcalys ruined it a bit..

Message 5 of 7
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

How do you know you have another inquiry from them? For whatever reason when I ask for reconsideration from them, Credit Karma will say an inquiry has been made but it actually has not been. I think maybe they pull it again but delete the inquiry the same day.

Message 6 of 7
tassim003

@navigatethis12 wrote:

How do you know you have another inquiry from them? For whatever reason when I ask for reconsideration from them, Credit Karma will say an inquiry has been made but it actually has not been. I think maybe they pull it again but delete the inquiry the same day.

it is in my equifax report.. i just saw it

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.