cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP to Add Funds to ur BOA SECURED!!!!!!!!!!!

tag
texasman07
Established Contributor

HP to Add Funds to ur BOA SECURED!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT???? I called today to add funds to my BOA Secured Card and the Rep informed me "Due to new Govt Regulations!......." To add funds to my secured card it would be a HP!!! What a load of crap.  I said yes because Im really not looking for new credit for about a year but still! I don't think that is right. He then had to verify if there was anything on my report that would even deny me more funds or if they see something they could close the card entirely.

Thankful I dont have anything.

One upside is that within 15 minutes the funds were withdrawn from my BOA checking and immediatley the credit was available to my Power rewards card. Worth the inquiry??? YOu telll me ? I don't even know....

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

Re: HP to Add Funds to ur BOA SECURED!!!!!!!!!!!

@texasman07 wrote:

WHAT???? I called today to add funds to my BOA Secured Card and the Rep informed me "Due to new Govt Regulations!......." To add funds to my secured card it would be a HP!!! What a load of crap.  I said yes because Im really not looking for new credit for about a year but still! I don't think that is right. He then had to verify if there was anything on my report that would even deny me more funds or if they see something they could close the card entirely.

One upside is that within 15 minutes the funds were withdrawn from my BOA checking and immediatley the credit was available to my Power rewards card. Worth the inquiry??? YOu telll me ? I don't even know....

I Like the 15 minutes part.    Capital One takes about 10 days.   

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HP to Add Funds to ur BOA SECURED!!!!!!!!!!!

@texasman07 wrote:

That stinks.  Never heard of that happening before.

In the end was there a HP?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.