Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC AMEX

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HSBC AMEX

For all of you HSBC lovers Smiley Very Happy ...  HSBC is now offering the HSBC American Express Card with Plus Rewards. Same benefits as the BofA Accelerated Rewards AMEX.  Who's in (haha).

Wonder how hard/easy it will be to get approved.  It says "New", however the terms are as of 2/15/08.

Message Edited by PurpleHaze on 05-03-2008 09:21 PM

Message Edited by PurpleHaze on 05-03-2008 09:25 PM
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HSBC AMEX

if amex doesnt like you, can you still get this card?  (i owe amex some cash)

just wondering for when i get my score up Smiley Happy

Message Edited by fender on 05-03-2008 07:13 PM
Message 2 of 6
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Amex has a program called Oasis. If you pay the amount what you owe in full to Amex they will give you a new card with 1/2 the amount you paid to them as CL. Once you maintain new card in good standing for 12 months or so they will qualify you for a regular card. They will also remove complete negative information. You might want to take advantage of that program. I did.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah ive heard of the oasis program, unfortunately i owe them 3800, its past my SOL, and due to drop off in about 3 years.  Anyway, would i still be unable to get amex, issued through HSBC, in the future?
Message 4 of 6
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

The AmEx issued by HSBC (and BofA and USAA and all the others) is an AmEx in the sense that it is processed like other AmEx cards, and has generally the same consumer protections. But it is not issued by American Express Centurion Bank, so your old problem card wouldn't automatically ban you.

But an unpaid CC bill of that amount is probably going to give any lender pause, so be ready to have to explain it to HSBC or anyone else, unless you wait till it falls off (which it sounds like you're doing.)
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I will settle with them, but only if they delete.  Ive held out this long, its basically the only way they will get money, cuz in 2 years there will be no more chance to settle =)   They actually sent me an offer last year, i think it was pay 60% and they would give me a card, sounds like they offered oasis to me?  At the time though, i didnt have the money, and didnt much care about my credit.  Im hoping I get another offer, at maybe 40%  =)
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.