Regular Contributor

HSBC Account Close

So I had a whimpy 300 limit credit card with HSBC. They close my account without telling me, be reason is for too many recent account, but check this out, it is also my most recent account so nothing on my credit record has came since then.  Is HSBC still in so much trouble they have to cancel a small credit line such as $300???

Regular Contributor

I'd call them before I got to fired up about it...   Besi...

I'd call them before I got to fired up about it...

Besides they are not a creditor that is concerned about your side of the relationship, so maybe it is a blessing in the long run.

-800 or Bust...!
Regular Contributor

Re: I'd call them before I got to fired up about it...   Besi...

-RED wrote:

I'd call them before I got to fired up about it...

Besides they are not a creditor that is concerned about your side of the relationship, so maybe it is a blessing in the long run.

I did  call and the reason for for too many new  accounts.

Valued Contributor

how many cards do you have>

Regular Contributor

I have 9 Accounts

Valued Contributor

Re: I'd call them before I got to fired up about it... Besi...

MMart078 wrote:

I did  call and the reason for for too many new  accounts.

I have 9 Accounts

Are all those 9 accts are new?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It's very tough with small income ~ The Rewards are big little helper to me.
Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry about the closure - that's never a fun surprise even if it's not your favorite card.

It's a good reminder to all of us that number of accounts does matter to FICO (FICO reason code # 4 Too many bank or national revolving accounts), and some creditors are more sensitive to it than others.  Valenjimmo, I think, got this message with six open accounts and had an account closed as a result.

And it's always puzzling when you get AA for something that was in place when the approved you in the first place.  Their criteria sometimes change, even if our CR's do not.

Hope you get some happy surprises on a few of those cards!

Just puttin' syrup on something, don't make it pancakes.
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.