Reply
Valued Member
Moes
Posts: 48
Registered: ‎08-30-2010
0

Re: HSBC Accounts closing- UPDATED

UPDATE: I called the accounts review department about my HSBC accounts showing as closed online. They said since Capital one took over, accounts are being reviewed and if they see any customers that have opened accounts recently or have multiple inquiries from the last 12 months their accounts would be closed. I have recently opened an old navy. So they shut down my orchard, sears solutions, and direct rewards discover all on the same day. I was going to replace these by the end of this year so they did me a favor. Maybe it's time for me to leave the garden for a day.


Starting Score: 520
Current Score: 665
Goal Score: 700


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor
calihlove75
Posts: 787
Registered: ‎05-16-2012
0

Re: HSBC Accounts closing- UPDATED


Moes wrote:

UPDATE: I called the accounts review department about my HSBC accounts showing as closed online. They said since Capital one took over, accounts are being reviewed and if they see any customers that have opened accounts recently or have multiple inquiries from the last 12 months their accounts would be closed. I have recently opened an old navy. So they shut down my orchard, sears solutions, and direct rewards discover all on the same day. I was going to replace these by the end of this year so they did me a favor. Maybe it's time for me to leave the garden for a day.


Very very interesting. I just opened a new account in July with NFCU. I am thinking about closing their 8 month old card. It has been completely worthless and I cringe at the thought of them shutting the door on me. I have noticed that for the last couple of months, Capital one has been softening my reports. There is absolutely nothing negative on my reports, but still I have this hunch they will be closing a bunch of accounts and I want the last word..lol


100% Ficos: EX 762, TU 767, EQ 754 Inquiries last 1 year/6 months: EX-0/0, TU- 0/0, EQ-2/1~ last credit card app 6/24/13- New car loan 3/8/2014
Discover IT $8000~Kohls $1000~Amex BCE $2000~ Walmart Discover $7500~NFCU Signature CashRewards $14,000~ Chase Freedom MC $6000~ Chase Amazon Visa $1900~ Cap 1/HSBC MC $2500~ Amazon Store $7000~ Fingerhut $1050
Established Contributor
lithium78
Posts: 929
Registered: ‎07-30-2011
0

Re: HSBC Accounts closing- UPDATED

I wonder if Capital One is doing this because they have a long-running policy of allowing only two cards per person.


Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Senior Contributor
john398
Posts: 3,514
Registered: ‎01-19-2009
0

Re: HSBC Accounts closing- UPDATED

That bites you will probably lose any hsbc discover rewards you have not cashed in as well or atleast I did when they closed my accounts a year or so ago

 

Senior Contributor
john398
Posts: 3,514
Registered: ‎01-19-2009
0

Re: HSBC Accounts closing- UPDATED


lithium78 wrote:

I wonder if Capital One is doing this because they have a long-running policy of allowing only two cards per person.


Hmm I have 3 capital one backed Visa's 2 plat and 1 Sony Visa

 

Valued Contributor
jsucool76
Posts: 2,820
Registered: ‎12-11-2011
0

Re: HSBC Accounts closing- UPDATED


john398 wrote:

lithium78 wrote:

I wonder if Capital One is doing this because they have a long-running policy of allowing only two cards per person.


Hmm I have 3 capital one backed Visa's 2 plat and 1 Sony Visa

 


I don't think the sony counts since it's like a partner card. 

Wallet: Capital One Quicksilver 3500CL, Wells Fargo Cash Back College Visa: 900CL, Paypal Smart Connect: 3000CL, Walmart Discover: 3500CL, UPromise Mastercard: 1000CL, Chase Slate: 500CL, Discover IT: 2000CL, Citi Forward: 2600CL, Bank Of America Student Travel Rewards: 2700CL, Amex PRG
Frequent Contributor
MarcinXP
Posts: 302
Registered: ‎09-06-2011
0

Re: HSBC Accounts closing- UPDATED

I don't know..sounds weird. I have 2 HSBC accounts. HSBC Platinum and HSBC BB Reward Zone. I also have 2 CAPONE accounts including recently opened Sony Account. Not only they gave me Sony, but also increased my limits on both of my HSBC accounts as well. The other CAPONE already had CLI with Credit Steps so that one will see CLI when I see my Social Security checks I guess in about 40 years.

NFCU Visa Sig $25k / Fidelity Amex $7.5k / Chase Freedom Visa $7.5k / BOA - BBR MC $7.5k / Chase Sapphire Preferred $7k / Best Buy Platinum MC $3K / Barclay Rewards MC $2k / Chase Amazon Visa $1k / Discover IT $1K / GE Lowes and GE Walmart $5k / GE Amazon $2450 / Target RedCard - $300 / NO CAPONE IN MY WALLET ANYMORE!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+