Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC Accts Close by 2/24

tag
mxp114
Valued Contributor

HSBC Accts Close by 2/24

Just spoke with a senior manager who said that by 2/24, all HSBC account that are to be converted will be closed by then and new cards mailed. Also confirmed that acct numbers will change however the original acct opening date will be reported by CapitalOne as a new tradeline. I don't know, seems awfully soon for such a massive change.

Message 1 of 85
84 REPLIES 84
CS800
Super Contributor

Re: HSBC Accts Close by 2/24

I'm so screwed now I can kiss any CLI goodbye. Never got a CLI with cap one. My bbrzmc will have an honorable burial soon Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 85
mxp114
Valued Contributor

lol I'm really hoping my HSBC Platinum MC stays with HSBC. He told me it is not flagged for conversion but that it could still transfer over.

Message 3 of 85
Ron1
Super Contributor

I haven't gotten any notice from HSBC  for closing either my BB RZMC or Cash Back Platinum MC. I  just checked it and I didn't seen any change on either of my accounts.

Ron.

Message 4 of 85
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

It will be very interesting to see what happens with these cards once the smoke has cleared.......I'm sure that it will create a lot of reporting anomalies...

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 5 of 85
mxp114
Valued Contributor

I wonder if the RZMC portfolio will convert and if so, will the agreement transfer over for CapOne and BB or will CapOne convert the cards into another rewards. So many questions, and agree about CR issues. I just hope they don't report brand new opening dates >_<

Message 6 of 85
Open123
Super Contributor

Because of this change, I closed my BBRZ last week.

I've been through some of these changes, and had to deal with a clerical error.  I'm just going to err on the side of caution moving forward, and never deal with this changeover stuff again.

Message 7 of 85
smc733
Valued Contributor

Does anyone know if the Best Buy store card will be staying?  They're launching new promotions about it with bonus points and all, and they stopped taking applications for the RZMC, but not the store card.  I know BB and HSBC are pretty tight in their relationship, and I heard HSBC is keeping HSBC branded cards, so I wonder if this includes private label cards.

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 8 of 85
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

@mxp114 wrote:

Just spoke with a senior manager who said that by 2/24, all HSBC account that are to be converted will be closed by then and new cards mailed. Also confirmed that acct numbers will change however the original acct opening date will be reported by CapitalOne as a new tradeline. I don't know, seems awfully soon for such a massive change.

I was told late June 2012 and no date was set. What cards are going over?

Message 9 of 85
CS800
Super Contributor

My BBRZC will be closed by June then Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 85
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.