Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC Accts Close by 2/24

tag
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Re: HSBC Accts Close by 2/24

2/24 is close by date for all account that are flagged for the move. HSBC Premier and select HSBC branded cards will remain, all others will move is what I was told.

Message 11 of 85
stefanc
Regular Contributor

I got my "new" HSBC card a few days ago. Completely new number - tried punching it into a BIN database and no actual bank name showed up as the issuer. The card they sent is the same design as my old HSBC plat -- the words "Cash Back" have dissapeared (upper left by "Platinum") and it no longer says "The world's local bank" by the HSBC logo. The expiration date has been upped two more years in the future. The customer service number has also changed. Other than that - same card.

I punched the new number into my online access and everything is there including my Cash Back summary - I was able to make a payment online.

When I spoke to the rep before the card came She said that the "old" card ccloses on Feb 24 - and that the card will transfer to Cap 1 on April 2nd. All that was confirmed with a letter that came with the card. I asked her about my Orchard card (nothing has changed yet online for that one). She said it will be changing as well, but nothing in in the system yet.

Message 12 of 85
mxp114
Valued Contributor

I wonder instead if your card was reissued for the "new" HSBC, an account that won't move to Cap1. It just seems unusual for HSBC to reissue a brand new acct number and plastic that is basically an HSBC branded card, only to have CapitalOne repeat this process in two months. I think HSBC CashBack, HSBC Premier and HSBC Platinum are staying with HSBC.

Message 13 of 85
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Anyone know about Best Buy store card or Household Bank yet?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 14 of 85
stefanc
Regular Contributor

@mxp114 wrote:

I wonder instead if your card was reissued for the "new" HSBC, an account that won't move to Cap1. It just seems unusual for HSBC to reissue a brand new acct number and plastic that is basically an HSBC branded card, only to have CapitalOne repeat this process in two months. I think HSBC CashBack, HSBC Premier and HSBC Platinum are staying with HSBC.

That was a theory that I came up with when this all started to happen - as I am sure the Orchard card is moving to Cap 1 - and nothing had changed online with that one. Of course it is entirely conjecture from reading online etc. but it seems that the cards that are staying with HSBC are all the Premier cards and Plat's that are issued to people that have an HSBC bank account...???

The letter that came with the new card does say that the card (It is an HSBC Plat - no AF - Cash Back) will be sold to Cap 1. The letter affirms the sale as April 2 2012 - It states there are no changes to APR, rewards etc. (but does not specifically say if that will change after April 2), It says a Cap 1 branded card will be issued "sometime after the sale is complete. Your account number will not change at that time."

The only mention of Credit reporting is:

"There will be no changes to your credit bureau report as a result of your account number change. Once Capitol One assumes ownership, they will begin reporting to the credit bureau that your Account is now owned by them."

The letter also says:

"In preparation for the sale  of your Account to Capitol One, it was necessary to assign a new account number. A new credit card is needed to ensure you have continued access to your account once the sale occurs."

and

"In preparation for the sale  of your Account to Capitol One, it was necessary to assign a new account number that can be transferred to Capitol One in the future."

Message 15 of 85
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

I just spoke to HSBC Credit depo and they said yes.

Message 16 of 85
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

@stefanc wrote:

@mxp114 wrote:

That was a theory that I came up with when this all started to happen - as I am sure the Orchard card is moving to Cap 1 - and nothing had changed online with that one. Of course it is entirely conjecture from reading online etc. but it seems that the cards that are staying with HSBC are all the Premier cards and Plat's that are issued to people that have an HSBC bank account...???

The letter that came with the new card does say that the card (It is an HSBC Plat - no AF - Cash Back) will be sold to Cap 1. The letter affirms the sale as April 2 2012 - It states there are no changes to APR, rewards etc. (but does not specifically say if that will change after April 2), It says a Cap 1 branded card will be issued "sometime after the sale is complete. Your account number will not change at that time."

The only mention of Credit reporting is:

"There will be no changes to your credit bureau report as a result of your account number change. Once Capitol One assumes ownership, they will begin reporting to the credit bureau that your Account is now owned by them."

The letter also says:

"In preparation for the sale  of your Account to Capitol One, it was necessary to assign a new account number. A new credit card is needed to ensure you have continued access to your account once the sale occurs."

and

"In preparation for the sale  of your Account to Capitol One, it was necessary to assign a new account number that can be transferred to Capitol One in the future."

I just spoke to HSBC Credit depo and they said they don't have a time frame nor a date.

Message 17 of 85
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@corymcd88 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

Yes to what??? They are keeping these or sold to Cap1?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 18 of 85
stefanc
Regular Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@corymcd88 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

Yes to what??? They are keeping these or sold to Cap1?

Wondering this as well - yes to???

Also your response before  -- they don't have a t ime frame or date for????

Message 19 of 85
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

+1

Message 20 of 85
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.