Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC Accts Close by 2/24

tag
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

Re: HSBC Accts Close by 2/24

@knightimer wrote:

I hope the service get better to. i really didnt care for HSBC. Also, is it confirmed that the orchard cards will convert too?

I was told they would.

Message 71 of 85
nuggets321
Frequent Contributor

I would like to know about the store card as well. i just got instant approval for 1200 with the store card and all of the associated documents relate to HSBC ??

TU-721 (MortgagePull) EQ- 697(MortgagePull ) EXP 693(MortgagePull) FWEB 24,2015
My Wallet : Dicover More 35,500 CL -Amex Zync NPSL -WellsFargoRewards4800 - -CapOne 3000CL -GEMBWalMart 5000CL - Zales 4000CL-Kays 2900--Macys 5000CL /SSFCU 5000CL / CitiBank Diamond Pref 15000CL - CHASE Freedom 13500CL -Lowes 10,000 CL - BBuyStoreCard 10,000CL Sears Store Card (Citi) 3000 - Firestone CFNB 1400 Toyota Financial $35,000 Auto -2200DiscountTire(GECRB) Citi TY Preferred 8100CL - Chase Slate$4000-BofA15000-ToyotaRewardsVisa$10,700 -BofA$8500 AMEX BCE 9,500
Message 72 of 85
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@nuggets321 wrote:

I would like to know about the store card as well. i just got instant approval for 1200 with the store card and all of the associated documents relate to HSBC ??

Which store card?   Although I think all of them are going to Capital One.

Message 73 of 85
nuggets321
Frequent Contributor

Sorry......   I was referrring to the Best Buy regular store card NOT the RZMC

TU-721 (MortgagePull) EQ- 697(MortgagePull ) EXP 693(MortgagePull) FWEB 24,2015
My Wallet : Dicover More 35,500 CL -Amex Zync NPSL -WellsFargoRewards4800 - -CapOne 3000CL -GEMBWalMart 5000CL - Zales 4000CL-Kays 2900--Macys 5000CL /SSFCU 5000CL / CitiBank Diamond Pref 15000CL - CHASE Freedom 13500CL -Lowes 10,000 CL - BBuyStoreCard 10,000CL Sears Store Card (Citi) 3000 - Firestone CFNB 1400 Toyota Financial $35,000 Auto -2200DiscountTire(GECRB) Citi TY Preferred 8100CL - Chase Slate$4000-BofA15000-ToyotaRewardsVisa$10,700 -BofA$8500 AMEX BCE 9,500
Message 74 of 85
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 3 HSBC store cards -- BB, Saks, and Neiman Marcus. I'm nervous how the change is going to affect all of these accounts.

Don't forget to ask for CLIs if it's been 6 months since your last one! Who knows what Capital One will do with these accounts in terms of credit limit increases.

Message 75 of 85
cortezthekiller
Established Member

FWIW, I just asked and received a CLI on my Household Master  today, prior to seeing this post.

Also, will they let us know if/when these accounts are being closed ahead of time? 

TU 660 7/21/11;719 6/14/12
EQ 643 8/4/11; 686 6/22/12
EX 667 12/10/11 (creditor pulled)
Message 76 of 85
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Revelate wrote:

That emphatically did not happen to me on my old BOA card which was frozen and re-issued due to fraudulent charges.  Different card number, same account, same tradeline.

I honestly think this is being overstated if not completely inaccurate: mortgages are packaged up and sold all the time - you as the consumer keep the same tradeline regardless of who actually is holding your debt.

I'll wait and see with my own Orchard card.

This is NOT overstated or inaccurate.  Two years ago my wife lost her wallet, in it were two HSBC cards.  Old cards were cancelled two new ones were issued with same account history, open date etc. only a new account number was assigned.  She now has the two lost cards reporting with lost/stolen card in the remarks sections and payment history ends June 2010 when the cards were lost.  Then she has the two new accounts with the old open date but payment history starting at August 2010.  So this does in fact happen.  I understand that some times when a new servicer comes along, they just insert the new name of the creditor on the exisitng tradeline, but that is not always the case.  So this could be bad for people with already relatively short history or someone on the cusp of gaining a another year.  Hopefully when Cap1 takes over they just replace the OC reporting the tradeline, but with new numbers being issued, it doesn't sound like that's the case. When my wife frist tried disputing the accounts as duplicates she talked to a TU CSR (that that for what it's worth) who informed her because they are noted to be lost/stolen, that they are not factored into her AAoA.  However, when we calculate her AAoA without one set of these cards her AAoA doens't match what is on her reports.  So they DO factor in, it's the only way we get the same AAoA. 

Message 77 of 85
goodgirl-badcredit
Frequent Contributor

I have the HSBC Direct Rewards Discover is that card included? I was going to cancel it but if it will convert maybe i will keep it. I have had it since 7/2010 and no CLI!!

Starting Score: 3/21 EQ 636 TU 669
Current Score: 12/30 EQ 740 TU 712 EX ??? ....
Goal Score: Yay... I reached my goal of 700!!!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 78 of 85
JustMe77
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

That emphatically did not happen to me on my old BOA card which was frozen and re-issued due to fraudulent charges.  Different card number, same account, same tradeline.

I honestly think this is being overstated if not completely inaccurate: mortgages are packaged up and sold all the time - you as the consumer keep the same tradeline regardless of who actually is holding your debt.

I'll wait and see with my own Orchard card.

This is NOT overstated or inaccurate.  Two years ago my wife lost her wallet, in it were two HSBC cards.  Old cards were cancelled two new ones were issued with same account history, open date etc. only a new account number was assigned.  She now has the two lost cards reporting with lost/stolen card in the remarks sections and payment history ends June 2010 when the cards were lost.  Then she has the two new accounts with the old open date but payment history starting at August 2010.  So this does in fact happen.  I understand that some times when a new servicer comes along, they just insert the new name of the creditor on the exisitng tradeline, but that is not always the case.  So this could be bad for people with already relatively short history or someone on the cusp of gaining a another year.  Hopefully when Cap1 takes over they just replace the OC reporting the tradeline, but with new numbers being issued, it doesn't sound like that's the case. When my wife frist tried disputing the accounts as duplicates she talked to a TU CSR (that that for what it's worth) who informed her because they are noted to be lost/stolen, that they are not factored into her AAoA.  However, when we calculate her AAoA without one set of these cards her AAoA doens't match what is on her reports.  So they DO factor in, it's the only way we get the same AAoA. 

Thanks for posting that, I knew I wasn't crazy! lol Smiley Happy It happened to me with Bank of America.

I closed Orchard a few days ago, and am glad I did.

Current Cards: Banana Republic Visa ($5,300), Chase Freedom ($2,000), Discover It ($11,500), Amex Costco True Earnings ($5,000), Chase Slate ($2,500)
Message 79 of 85
Anonymous
Not applicable

@cortezthekiller wrote:

FWIW, I just asked and received a CLI on my Household Master  today, prior to seeing this post.

Also, will they let us know if/when these accounts are being closed ahead of time? 

Hello,

May I ask how long you have had your household master? Have had mine for only four (4) months and wondering if too soon to ask for credit limit increase. Thanks!

Message 80 of 85
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.