Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC BANK USA CREDIT CONFIRMATION

tag
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

HSBC BANK USA CREDIT CONFIRMATION

to all curious members of this forum:

All prime hsbc bank usa credit will NOT be moving to Capital One...

Ron1 i believe this is good news for you. i am bittersweet about this. 1) sad and dissapointed no prime capone signature for me. but happy and at peace as 2) this is the beginning of my relationship with prime HSBC.

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Ron1
Super Contributor

Re: HSBC BANK USA CREDIT CONFIRMATION

@scottwagnon wrote:

Ron1 i believe this is good news for you. i am bittersweet about this. 1) bitter no prime capone signature for me. but 2) this is the beginning of my relationship with prime HSBC.

scott,

Thank you, Scott. I believe both my BBZ RZMC Platinum MC and HSBC Cash Back Platinum will not  become Cap1.  It is because it still report as HSBC.  I requested a CLI for both of my BB RZ MC Platinum and HSBC Cash Back Platinum MC. I didn't get instant decision. It will give me a decision within 48 hrs. I hope it's HP.   They pull soft in the past.

By the way, both of my BB store card and Costco store (Costco Amex) turned into Cap 1 according to triple credit report from MPM.

Ron.

Message 2 of 15
hemi961
Regular Contributor

Back in August when the sale was announced, the HSBC website spelled out the terms and stated in their announcement that the sale did not include HSBC Bank USA's $1.1B credit card program, and that HSBC Bank USA would continue to offer credit cards to its customers.  When the CSR told you something different than that the other day I was surprised, but figured that maybe something had changed in the past 9 months. 

Message 3 of 15
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

@scottwagnon wrote:

Ron1 i believe this is good news for you. i am bittersweet about this. 1) bitter no prime capone signature for me. but 2) this is the beginning of my relationship with prime HSBC.

scott,

RZMC Platinum MC and HSBC Cash Back Platinum will not become Cap1

Ron.

this confirms my phone call. HSBC wants to hold on to the prime credit only. i heard even if your account with hsbc bank is not prime, it will be moved to capital one. i however cannot accurately verify this.

Message 4 of 15
Ron1
Super Contributor

@scottwagnon wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@scottwagnon wrote:

scott,

RZMC Platinum MC and HSBC Cash Back Platinum will not become Cap1

Ron.

this confirms my phone call. HSBC wants to hold on to the prime credit only. i heard even if your account with hsbc bank is not prime, it will be moved to capital one. i however cannot accurately verify this.

Scott,

I'm very sure my HSBC Cash Back Platinum MC will not move to Cap1. It is because they sent me a letter about this.  It only change the name from HSBC Nevada to HSBC USA.  They didn't any mention about the sale of Cap1. By the way, I have both checking and savings with them and I applied through my deposit accounts online two years ago.

By the way, they also sent me a new card with the letter. It has same account number with the different expiration date.

Ron.

Message 5 of 15
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

Scott,

I'm very sure my HSBC Cash Back Platinum MC will not move to Cap1. It is because they sent me a letter about this.  It only change the name from HSBC Nevada to HSBC USA.  They didn't any mention about the sale of Cap1. By the way, I have both checking and savings with them and I applied through my deposit accounts online two years ago.

By the way, they also sent me a new card with the letter. It has same account number with the different expiration date.

Ron.

oh, definitely, i agree. you have not only confirmed this but you have proven this; that while the store card moved, your cobranded and bank platinum prime accounts stayed with hsbc.

Message 6 of 15
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

costco amex converted to capital one??? what!?

Message 7 of 15
Ron1
Super Contributor

@scottwagnon wrote:

costco amex converted to capital one??? what!?

scott,

Costco have both Costco Amex and HSBC Costco Card. Costco Card is revolving store card like Sams Club Credit.  Not too many people know about this. You have to apply for the card at Costco.  The card is also your membership card. 

Ron.

Message 8 of 15
Ron1
Super Contributor

@scottwagnon wrote:

Scott,

Ron.

oh, definitely, i agree. you have not only confirmed this but you have proven this; that while the store card moved, your cobranded and bank platinum prime accounts stayed with hsbc.

I'm not sure BB RZMC Platinum will stay with HSBC. According to my EXP, it is under HSBC. I don't know the other RZMC MC like Gold or standard will move to Cap1.

Ron.

Message 9 of 15
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

I'm not sure BB RZMC Platinum will stay with HSBC. According to my EXP, it is under HSBC. I don't know the other RZMC MC like Gold or standard will move to Cap1.

Ron.

i wouldn't be suprised based on your info that the platinum rzmc remains as such; however the gold or standard rzmc is moving period.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.