Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC Best Buy RZMC -> Capital One

tag
Brusilov
Established Contributor

HSBC Best Buy RZMC -> Capital One

Anyone know if these cards are being converted to Capital One?  I tried calling (and secure messaging) HSBC but the people I spoke to about it were pretty much in the dark about the process.

Speculation-wise:  Change for the slight bit better?  Or are they just equally as bad? Smiley Tongue

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Brian_Trying_700
Frequent Contributor

Re: HSBC Best Buy RZMC -> Capital One

Maybe June or July from what I heard on this forum.

Garden mode till 11/19/2013 Amex Zync 500 H-L I Discover More 1750 I Capital One Rewards 1750 I Barclay Apple 1500 I Macys 2000 I Orchard 400 I Walmart 2000 I Chase Freedom 1500 I Lowes 1K l Barclay NFL 1K l Wright Express gas 2500 l PayPal Debit MasterCard BusinessCard $ ?
Message 2 of 12
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Yeah...it's all in the works.  My co-worker has the Crap One letter in front of him.  He wants nothing to do with them, so he called them & cancelled the card.

Crap one has a long list of info sharing with partners.  He wanted no part of their sharing his info.

If I get the letter....DONE.....Gone!!

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 3 of 12
Brusilov
Established Contributor

I just got said letter in the mail today actually.  I would probably do the same with both this and my other Cap One card but I'd like them to age at least another year before I cut them loose.  I don't really have the feeling either will grow.

Message 4 of 12
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

Based on my experiences with Capital One and HSBC     Capital One has been quite a bit better.

Message 5 of 12
-Furbz-
Contributor

better in what way? IMO Cap One is stingier with CLI. At least ive gotten a few from my hsbc cards.. Orchard/Best Buy 

Message 6 of 12
android01
Valued Contributor

I have a GM card issued by HSBC that now is reporting as Capital One on my EQ reports, but not on TU or EX yet.  I was hoping to avoid this as I don't want to cancel a 20 year old TL.  Smiley Mad 

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a Bestbuy reward Mastercard

I "HAD" an Orchard

I "HAD" a Capital one

I closed the orchard and the capital one earlier this month(another thread).  I ran my credit report via USAA today to see to my horror, 3 one capital cards reporting.

The Orchard - Now a Capital One

The Best Buy - Now a Capital One

And the old Capital One - Still a Capital One

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

HSBC closed the deal selling its consumer credit portfolio to Capital One, which is why you're getting those letters. I used to work for Best Buy but I don't know how Capital One will change the credit plans.

Existing balances will adhere to the original terms when the purchases were made. For new accounts and purchases, no idea.

I also worked in commercial banking for 30 years.

Message 9 of 12
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

The Deal is done and statements and online shows Capital One as owner but they have not completely transferred over to Cap1 systems yet so you can't do things like CLI yet.  It's a toss up for me on which is worst bank!  They are very similar in if you start at $300-$500 you probably will most likely never see over $1k.

However if you start in the $5k+ range, you will probably have a 99% DIFFERENT POSITIVE Experience with both of the banks. (i.e. GM for HSBC, and forget what it was called but some miles card many many years ago, parents had it with $16k line... think now kind of the top line Venture would be same)

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.