Established Member
BaseballFan

HSBC Best Buy store card - Account Re-evaluated?

Was just using my TrueCredit account to check for updates to my report (recently went on a paying spree, paid off several accounts).  I found changes on an account I was not expecting to see any changes on.  My old Best Buy store card through HSBC, which was I thought had been closed for over a year now (their choice after a late payment).

Updates are as follows:

"Condition":  Previous report showed "Open" current report shows "Paid"

"Limit": previous report showed "$0" current report shows "$2,000"

"Reported" previous report showed 3/10/2009 current report shows 3/20/2011

Late Payment History was updated going from 2 - 30 day lates in the last 7 years to 4 - 30 day lates in the last 7 years, with the 2 new ones being 12/09 and 4/2010.  I think those may be correct, if I recall correctly this account used to report as 2 separate accounts neither of which was completely accurate. 

I thought "hmmm..." so I went into the online account access using my previous username and password, was allowed in and presented with a page that says "Your account has recently been re-evaluated" and says to call customer service if you have questions.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar?  I'm not sure what this means?

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}