Did you mean: 

HSBC CLI - Breaking the bank!!!

tag
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

Re: HSBC CLI - Breaking the bank!!!

bamagirl1 wrote:
whirledpeas..
how long have you had the card and who did they pull?? i used to get invitations in the mail for this card but didnt know how good it was and never pursued it.

2003 and I don't know who they pulled.  I'll check tomorrow. 

My other HSBC (Disc Direct Rewards) card does NOT have a love button.  I've heard that a good HSBC card is a rare item, but perhaps I got lucky.  (Thanks HSBC!)

Thanks for the props!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!!
Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

and I'm jealous (CLI and soft pull - they hard INQ me Tuesday and no CLI)
Message 13 of 18
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Which HSBC card do you have? My Discover Rewards does not have luv button,
Message 14 of 18
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

It's the UnionPlus card.  My Direct Rewards Disc doesn't have the button either -- and I've received NO auto-love.  We just had our 18 month anniversary and NOTHIN'.  It's tied with AMEX for my wee major TL limit.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Message 15 of 18
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

Lady_Scarlet wrote:
Congrats!

and I'm jealous (CLI and soft pull - they hard INQ me Tuesday and no CLI)

Thanks -- I'll ask them if I can share!  Smiley Happy

Which HSBC card do you have?
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Message 16 of 18
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@WhirledPeasPlease wrote:
It's the UnionPlus card.

Wow, I'm amazed! I remember asking about this card a while back, before you joined. I never thought it had much potential, but I'm eligible (AFGE), and I was so tempted to get it just to freak people out in our very non-union area.

BTW, I can't remember if you have Scorewatch, but if not, I think you can get a discount on EQ FICO pulls with this card, or maybe just through union membership. I'll have to go dig that up....
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 17 of 18
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@WhirledPeasPlease wrote:
It's the UnionPlus card.

Wow, I'm amazed! I remember asking about this card a while back, before you joined. I never thought it had much potential, but I'm eligible (AFGE), and I was so tempted to get it just to freak people out in our very non-union area.

BTW, I can't remember if you have Scorewatch, but if not, I think you can get a discount on EQ FICO pulls with this card, or maybe just through union membership. I'll have to go dig that up....

Yeah, I think it's only 10%.  I emailed customer service to see if I could add the discount to SW and they said no, I'd have to sign up again.  (Groan.)  It wasn't worth 80 cents a month to lose the history on this account.  If I'm too lazy to google a new discount code, I always have this one.

I work in a VERY anti-union city (GM's big pull-out) and it's interesting when I use the card.  People sometimes look at me funny.  HA HA HA - if I need to buy a small car on it, I CAN!  (Oh, the irony.)

However the card does have cute lil kids (teacher's union/AFT) on it, so I guess that makes it better.  I'm stunned that it's my highest CL -- it just overtook Target!

The downside is there are no reward points; however, I'm protected if we go on strike.  (Yes, it has happened in my district before.)

HTH

-P
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.