cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC CLI...any call centers in the U.S.?

tag
debtoranon
Established Member

HSBC CLI...any call centers in the U.S.?

I have had a Household Bank credit card for over a year with perfect payment history. I tried in December to get a CLI but was told "Household has made a business decision to not increase credit lines..." blah blah and I assumed it was because cardholders may have been looking for credit around the holidays and it was easier to say no than do actual work and inspect all of their files. Okay, no big deal.

But when I called today I was given the same answer. I asked to speak to a supervisor, whose accent was almost impossible to understand, and was basically fed the same line over and over.

Has anyone had any luck in finding a backdoor number to Household, Orchard, or HSBC who could possibly help with this particular credit card or maybe offer me a new and improved one? Better still, is there anyone I can call in my own country so I can understand them?

7/2013 EQ 699 TU 719 EXP fako 735
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
mdstar1
Established Member

Re: HSBC CLI...any call centers in the U.S.?

I'll be following this thread closely.  I just attempted to get a CLI and received the same answer.

I used 1-800-462-2016.

EX 742
Message 2 of 9
debtoranon
Established Member

mdstar1,

Do you have a Household Bank CC also? The number I called was 1-800-477-1024. After 15 minutes on the line with the supervisor he apparently had enough of my insistence and questioning and quickly said in his nice CSR voice "thank you have a nice day goodbye" and hung up on me lol

Message 3 of 9
mdstar1
Established Member

debtoranon,

I've had my HSBC card since August 07.  Back in Sept., I got an unrequested CLI for $600.  Not sure if this was to appease me during this CLI freeze.  I called a few weeks ago to request lowering my APR.  No luck there either.  Hopefully, this is short lived.  Did they also offer you everything from life insurance to over-the-limit protection during your call? Smiley Happy

EX 742
Message 4 of 9
JayRizzo
Established Contributor

For about a year that I've been following posts on the internet, Household / HSBC has not been granting customer-initiated CLIs.  I've recently read some of their co-branded cards such as Best Buy have began automatic CLIs over the past couple of weeks -- not sure if it's still happening.  Calling will not help at all.  If it's a business decision, reaching an office in the U.S.A. will only give you the same answer, but in an accent that you can clearly understand.

Message 5 of 9
vish1
Valued Contributor

@JayRizzo wrote:

For about a year that I've been following posts on the internet, Household / HSBC has not been granting customer-initiated CLIs.  I've recently read some of their co-branded cards such as Best Buy have began automatic CLIs over the past couple of weeks -- not sure if it's still happening.  Calling will not help at all.  If it's a business decision, reaching an office in the U.S.A. will only give you the same answer, but in an accent that you can clearly understand.

I like it. Smiley Wink

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 6 of 9
My2cents
Regular Contributor

Hey they FINALLY gave me a CLI of 200.00 without a request.  I think it is because I use the card pretty heavily SINCE they have added the 2% cashback

reward to my card.  I got my first 100.00 reward check today.  However a CL of 1500 is subpar to my other CLs with Chase BOA and Barclays, but all of my cards

are reward cards now, so thanks Orchard!!!

Ole My2centsSmiley Wink

700 Club Member
Message 7 of 9
debtoranon
Established Member

The supervisor said something along the lines of "just wait and you'll be surprised by a spontaneous CLI."  Since the whole purpose of this card is to build good credit I wrongly assumed I would be receiving CLIs periodically. But since there isn't an annual fee I won't bother with closing it. I'll just keep waiting for that "spontaneous CLI" and hope I don't have any issues needing to be resolved by a CSR in India who I cannot understand.

Message 8 of 9
favre_2_free
New Contributor

I got the same quote about "Spontanious CLI's" if I stayed...unfortunately, they weren't going to drop the annual fee below $19 on my $400 CL, so I gave them the boot! 

Amex Gold, Capital One VentureOne & Platium Cards, AAA BoA Signature Visa, Barclays Airtran & Frontier Airlines Cards, Paypal MC, Best Buy RewardZone Mastercard and Chase Speedway Mastercard....and I FINALLY Welcome to Discover...thank you and have a great day!!!!
EX: 667 (8/6 Amex App) - EQ 700 - TU 697
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.