Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC CLI?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HSBC CLI?

Has anyone ever received a CLI from HSBC?  I have had this account for about 4 years and it was only increased from $400 to $500 after I had to pay a fee for an increase.  They still won't increase it.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HSBC CLI?

just logged on to my BB MC accocunt and i got an auto CLI of 100.00 Now 750.00 WOW thats really big from hsbc..
Message 2 of 5
creditreformer
Frequent Contributor

Orchard- took TWO YEARS + bazillion threats to close (the last time, I actually WOULD’VE closed it b/c FINALLY I’m in the position to actually do so) before I got my first/only cli ($200, no fee, no inquiry).  Prior to that, they wanted a fee AND a hard inquiry, so I always declined.  Don’t expect another cli until I threaten to close when it hits the 3 yr mark.  I suspect hsbc has me in a ‘subprime’ box w/this cc + so just doesn’t give me clis.

Hsbc best buy mc- $150 cli (no fee, no inquiry) @ activation; $200 cli on the 2nd stmt (no fee, no inquiry).  7th stmt just cut and no auto cli- thought they gave them every 6 mos. (?), so maybe I will call the backdoor # + feel them out about a cli.  Doubt I’ll get 1 in this credit environment, but hey, it’s worth a shot.
Message 3 of 5
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

twt11 wrote:
Has anyone ever received a CLI from HSBC?  I have had this account for about 4 years and it was only increased from $400 to $500 after I had to pay a fee for an increase.  They still won't increase it.

Which card?  Sounds like an Orchard, maybe?

I have an HSBC UnionPlus MC that started at 1.5k in 2003 and sits at 6k.

I also have an HSBC (DMB) Discover that started at 1k (Aug 06) and was auto-cli'd at the 18 month mark to 1.5k.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

No - this is an actual HSBC card.  That's all that's on the credit card.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.