cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC/Cap1 Best Buy Store Card CLI Approval!!!

tag
Ron1
Super Contributor

Re: HSBC/Cap1 Best Buy Store Card CLI Approval!!!

@RockinRay wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@RockinRay wrote:

Can you still get the Master Card? I thought they were no longer offering??

Ray,

I heard you can get the Mastercard inside the store and I'm not sure they still offer the Platinum MC with no AF.

Ron.

Some years back, I had the Plat MC. They CLD'd me so I blew them off......

Ray,

Soory to hear. HSBC were bad just like BofA/Barclays. You cannot carry balances more than 3 months. Their CSR are bad and offered no help. My brother got CLD when he carried balances more than 3 months.  The card rewards is just ok. and no cahs back. They gives you reward zone points. It is good if you shop at Best Buy a lot.  USAA is much better than them (you already know).

Ron.

Message 21 of 41
Ron1
Super Contributor

@2NE1 wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

I also tried my Costco and it came back the following screen:

Costco - Request Credit Limit Increase1 - 06292012.jpg

Um... what is this HSBC Costco card about?? Smiley Surprised

Congrats though! Smiley Happy

Yes, it is Costco Card. Thanks for congrats.

Ron.

Message 22 of 41
Ron1
Super Contributor

@remarc wrote:

If that was the case which i dont think it is.. My APR is 21% . how did they already give me a CLI? I went from $1000 to $1300 at the first 6 month mark

How can you tell what account you have?

Yes, they could.  The type of the account is already on their computer.  Type B account usually has a higher APR and CL under $1K. 

Ron.

Message 23 of 41
LS2982
Mega Contributor

CONGRATS Ron!!!!

I'm convinced your a made man with BB lol

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 24 of 41
Ron1
Super Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:
CONGRATS Ron!!!!

I'm convinced your a made man with BB lol

Thanks, LS. Smiley Happy

Ron.

Message 25 of 41
remarc
Regular Contributor

I called up. Csr said my accounts eligible for credit increases! She said I was able to ask for one so we tried & guest what? DENIED.

I bet it says in the letter my account is not eligible for a credit increase! I have no idea why this keeps happening & not sure how to go about it. I've purchased lots of high price ticket items. I've always paid them off. More than my monthly minimum & never been late.

Message 26 of 41
Ron1
Super Contributor

@remarc wrote:
I called up. Csr said my accounts eligible for credit increases! She said I was able to ask for one so we tried & guest what? DENIED.

I bet it says in the letter my account is not eligible for a credit increase! I have no idea why this keeps happening & not sure how to go about it. I've purchased lots of high price ticket items. I've always paid them off. More than my monthly minimum & never been late.

Sorry to hear Smiley Sad. Did she tell you the reason of the denial? I think they will send you the denial letter in the mail.

Ron.

Message 27 of 41
skyisthelimit
New Contributor

Ron, congrats on the CLI. If you don't mind me asking: What was your original limit, your fico score and income?  I really want to get the card but not looking to get the 1k limit card and be stuck with it.  Thanks.

Message 28 of 41
LS2982
Mega Contributor

I just tried for a CLI on mine but no dice Smiley Mad

I think I have to wait 6 months after an approved CLI (got 1 in march)

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 29 of 41
Ron1
Super Contributor

@skyisthelimit wrote:

Ron, congrats on the CLI. If you don't mind me asking: What was your original limit, your fico score and income?  I really want to get the card but not looking to get the 1k limit card and be stuck with it.  Thanks.

The orignial limit was $28600 and  FICO score was 750.

Ron.

Message 30 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.