Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC Capital One Change Over

tag
minimock
Frequent Contributor

HSBC Capital One Change Over

I think the first of the change over is in progress.

I purchased an airline ticket from QATAR Airlines with my BBRZMC, and was charged the foreign transaction fee. This is a regular purchase that I make. 

5 days later (Today) the fee was reversed. I have always been charged the foreign transaction fee in the past for this purchase.

Maybe Cap One's no foreign transaction fee has started.......Dunno, just thought it was interesting.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
ptkdude
Regular Contributor

Re: HSBC Capital One Change Over

The changeover has not started.  The transaction has not been closed.  Until it is closed, which is expected early next year, the two are completely separate companies.

Message 2 of 6
tray
Valued Contributor

I hope that will be one of the benefits with the change over to Capital One NO FOREIGN TRANSACTION FEES, that would be great!!! Anyone think this will happen?

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

When the changeover does happen i think everyone will be getting a letter in the mail talking about change in terms and so forth

Message 4 of 6
minimock
Frequent Contributor

I did not say it has happened, only that I was not charged the fee, maybe because of the change over.

Any one else have a chance to make an international transaction?
Message 5 of 6
favre_2_free
New Contributor

I was told by a rep though the backdoor number to call back after September 18th to have my account reviewed for a CLI.  Something is happening now, or at least they think so.

Amex Gold, Capital One VentureOne & Platium Cards, AAA BoA Signature Visa, Barclays Airtran & Frontier Airlines Cards, Paypal MC, Best Buy RewardZone Mastercard and Chase Speedway Mastercard....and I FINALLY Welcome to Discover...thank you and have a great day!!!!
EX: 667 (8/6 Amex App) - EQ 700 - TU 697
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.