Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC Card Being Converted to Household Bank

tag
heirophant
Established Contributor

HSBC Card Being Converted to Household Bank

It was really weird today.  I have a co-branded HSBC Sallie Mae Mastercard.  Well, it appears HSBC has ended their relationship with Sallie Mae according to the letter and in the same package as the letter was a Household Bank Mastercard to replace the old card.  They said my terms wouldn't change and I kept my limit of $1600.  I was just curious if my love button would go away.  I have used it in the past with no hard pull and never a fee.  When I ask for an increase in the future, they better not try to charge me a fee.  I will point out that is not in my terms and conditions since they were grandfathered in.  It stinks to think that my love button will likely go away according to what I have read about the Household website (much like the Orchard card I used to have).

Anyone else experienced HSBC transferring your account to a different department?  I know that I loved the real HSBC's customer service.  It was always English from the Portland call center.  Orchard was always someone in a foreign call center.  Any gripes, complaints, or kudos?  I am curious how I will now be treated.

Scores: TU (FICO8): 781, EQ (FICO8): 798, EX (FICO8): 788

In my wallet: Chase Sapphire Preferred: 16,000 | Chase Slate Edge: 8,100 | Bilt World Elite Mastercard: 16,000 | Fidelity Rewards Visa Signature: 8,500 | PenFed Visa Gold: 12,500 | Penfed Pathfinder: 15,000 | Apple Card: 6,500 | Lowe's: 35,000 | Northern Skies FCU Platinum: 15,000 | Kohls: 3,000

Mortgage 11/20
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.