Established Contributor
heirophant

HSBC Card Being Converted to Household Bank

It was really weird today.  I have a co-branded HSBC Sallie Mae Mastercard.  Well, it appears HSBC has ended their relationship with Sallie Mae according to the letter and in the same package as the letter was a Household Bank Mastercard to replace the old card.  They said my terms wouldn't change and I kept my limit of $1600.  I was just curious if my love button would go away.  I have used it in the past with no hard pull and never a fee.  When I ask for an increase in the future, they better not try to charge me a fee.  I will point out that is not in my terms and conditions since they were grandfathered in.  It stinks to think that my love button will likely go away according to what I have read about the Household website (much like the Orchard card I used to have).

Anyone else experienced HSBC transferring your account to a different department?  I know that I loved the real HSBC's customer service.  It was always English from the Portland call center.  Orchard was always someone in a foreign call center.  Any gripes, complaints, or kudos?  I am curious how I will now be treated.

FICO's: TU: 682 EX: 688 EQ: Unknown

In my wallet (strikethough are getting the axe soon): Amex Rewards Plus Gold | BECU: 10,000 | AlaskaUSA FCU: 6,900 | Citi Forward 6,500 | BOA Travel Rewards: 5,000 | US Bank Cash+: 5,000 | Merrick: 4,200 | Chase Freedom: 3,500 | Juniper: 3,100 | Household: 2,450 | Best Buy Reward Zone: 2,000 | Cap1: 1,500 | Cap1: 750 | Bailey's Furniture: 3,100 | Lowes: 4,500 | Care Credit: 2,000 | Zales: 1,400 | Kohls: 400 | Sam's: 5,200 | Walmart: 1,100 | Discover More: 1,000

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+