Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC Card Consolidation - Hard Pull?

tag
heirophant
Established Contributor

HSBC Card Consolidation - Hard Pull?

I have been trying to get HSBC to combine my Orchard and HSBC Gold Card into one, keeping the HSBC Gold Card.  They finally said they would do it after my second attempt.  THey denied the first.  So, I got the form I have to fill out in the mail for them to do it.  It pretty much reads like a new application, asking for address, ssn, income, all that good stuff.  It then has a spot for the account you are going to keep and the account(s) you are going to get rid of.  In the fine print at the bottom before you sign, however, it states that they may check on any of this information and that they may obtain a copy of your credit report.  I was wondering if anyone else has combined HSBC cards and if they actually did a hard pull from your report.  I don't see why they would need to...I am not asking them to extend any new credit.  Any ideas?
Scores: TU (FICO8): 781, EQ (FICO8): 798, EX (FICO8): 788

In my wallet: Chase Sapphire Preferred: 16,000 | Chase Slate Edge: 8,100 | Bilt World Elite Mastercard: 16,000 | Fidelity Rewards Visa Signature: 8,500 | PenFed Visa Gold: 12,500 | Penfed Pathfinder: 15,000 | Apple Card: 6,500 | Lowe's: 35,000 | Northern Skies FCU Platinum: 15,000 | Kohls: 3,000

Mortgage 11/20
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
SonorityGenius
Established Contributor

Re: HSBC Card Consolidation - Hard Pull?

I have seen they do softs for reallocating CLs, but usualy people have really tough time with HSBC..

Either way, if its worth it for your utl and overall convinience, call them and inquire, than go for it Smiley Very Happy
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just received (yesterday) my finally letter from HSBC saying that they have completed the combining of my two cards. By the way, I knew the cards were combined a week ago. The app is not a new app loan, I think it is more for verification of identity. They did not do a hard pull on me. I must say you have a good four weeks to go, if they do approve you. I combined two Cap 1 cards that took ONE day. They really need to do better with the way they combine. They dont instantly close the cards they just kinda do it when they get ready. I specifically asked the guy should I stop using the card, and the guy said, "No, it will still be open." What do you know, one day I took my card out for its weekly Starbucks trip, and the card had been closed and was declined. No notification AT ALL. Sooo... after three weeks the cards are finally combined. What a hassle, yet another reason I do not like them. I do like the cash back though. GL.
Message 3 of 13
Niki9
Regular Contributor

who did you call?

the number on your orchard card or on your HSBC card?

I need to do the same thing.

Message 4 of 13
heirophant
Established Contributor

I called the number for HSBC.  I have found that the trained monkeys that they employ to deal with Orchard Bank customers have no control or authority.  They are not the same people that you talk to when you call HSBC.  They are in a different call center and are much more rude and hard to budge, and also (for the most part) don't have a grasp of the English language.  They are paid to talk down to you in my opinion as well.  Every HSBC representative I have talked to have been very pleasant.

And thanks for the advice.  Since they didn't do hard pulls on you guys that makes me feel better.  I will drop the letter in the mail today.

In my wallet: Chase Sapphire Preferred: 16,000 | Chase Slate Edge: 8,100 | Bilt World Elite Mastercard: 16,000 | Fidelity Rewards Visa Signature: 8,500 | PenFed Visa Gold: 12,500 | Penfed Pathfinder: 15,000 | Apple Card: 6,500 | Lowe's: 35,000 | Northern Skies FCU Platinum: 15,000 | Kohls: 3,000

Mortgage 11/20
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had considered combining mine- but closed them both instead.
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@heirophant wrote:
I called the number for HSBC. I have found that the trained monkeys that they employ to deal with Orchard Bank customers have no control or authority. They are not the same people that you talk to when you call HSBC. They are in a different call center and are much more rude and hard to budge, and also (for the most part) don't have a grasp of the English language. They are paid to talk down to you in my opinion as well. Every HSBC representative I have talked to have been very pleasant.
And thanks for the advice. Since they didn't do hard pulls on you guys that makes me feel better. I will drop the letter in the mail today.

What HSBC did you talk to because I want that number.

When I call HSBC I sometimes get nice people but they don't know what they're doing. Orchard Bank is overseas somewhere and they're reading off a screen or so it seems.

The only time I got really good service from HSBC was when I went to Planet Feedback. Didn't resolve the issue but I got decent service.
Message 7 of 13
heirophant
Established Contributor

I just used the CS number on the back of the card:

1-800-694-9222

Mortgage 11/20
Message 8 of 13
Niki9
Regular Contributor

The HSBC representative told me to call orchard bank to see if they would consolidate my card.  Is this how they told you to handle it?

What did you say to get HSBC to consolidate you orchard card into their card?

Thanks for your help.

Message 9 of 13
Niki9
Regular Contributor

I called again today...

They said they could not do it.  Maybe because the new HSBC card is a Visa.

I called the BB mc that I have and asked if they would consolidate with the Orchard and they said that they will request the consolidation but no it is not guaranteed.  They said that it will take at least 10 days but could take up to 30 or 40 days for the consolidation.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.