Established Contributor
landocalrissian

HSBC Cash Or Fly MC Gets Paid Off and Goes on Lock.

I went 50 cents overlimit and paid down my balance to zero today.  I wrote them a check for $2,350.50.  From now on this card will be used for travel and emergencies.  I paid 1,142 dollars to Cap1 today as well and that one will be at zero real soon too.  Credit is going to be hard to come by and I am lucky I got some back when I did in the summer of 2007.  I have to tighten up the use of my cards.  Thank goodness I have a number of cards already with zero balances.
I would really like to purchase a new Millineum Falcon with my WAMU (oops Chase card)!!!! But first I need a decent credit limit.
Established Contributor
Uniqua

Re: HSBC Cash Or Fly MC Gets Paid Off and Goes on Lock.

I feel you. Be careful going over the limit though. Is this a good CC to have?

Starting Score: TU 723, EQ 708
Current Score: TU 796, EQ 743
Goal Score: TU 800, EQ 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Starting Score: 708
Current Score: 743
Goal Score: 800

Established Contributor
landocalrissian

I have no problems with it.  I make very large payments on this card.  But I dont plan on using it for awhile.  And for only small purchases unless I have to pay for a large purchase.  I have other cards I can use.  And you are right.  I should be more responsible and not go over the limit.  I should know better.  Especially after being on here.
I would really like to purchase a new Millineum Falcon with my WAMU (oops Chase card)!!!! But first I need a decent credit limit.
Established Contributor
Uniqua

Don't beat yourself up. Mistakes happen every now and then. It's called being human. I would just hate to get hit with some ridiculous over-the-limit fee of $39 for going over my CL by 50 cents.

I was looking at this card a month ago and didn't really hear much about it here so I put my interest in it on the back burner. If you don't mind me asking, how long have you had this CC and how do you like the perks?

Starting Score: TU 723, EQ 708
Current Score: TU 796, EQ 743
Goal Score: TU 800, EQ 800

Starting Score: 708
Current Score: 743
Goal Score: 800

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+