cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC Closed Both My BBRZ and Discover Network! Whatever.....

tag
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

Re: HSBC Closed Both My BBRZ and Discover Network! Whatever.....

My husband did call and close his $750 Discover; I think it was called "Direct Rewards" from HSBC.   They tried 10 differenet arguments to try to get him to stay, but they refused to raise the limit, so that card is history.  I guess it was a "toy card" to begin with and to end with.

Senior Contributor

@mxp114 wrote:

Are they reporting acct closed at consumers request at least?

Doubt that, mine reports as:

EQ:

PAID ACCOUNT / ZERO BALANCE
ACCOUNT CLOSED BY CREDIT GRANTOR

TU:

Canceled by credit grantor

EX:

Credit line closed-grantor request-reported by subscriber

Message 12 of 18
cdtotten
Established Contributor

Closed by consumer or credit grantor has zero meaning, don't worry about that. It doesn't affect your scoring in any way, and no underwriter is going to even think of giving it a second look on a manual review.

Starting Score: 627 EQ, 621 TU - 11/15/08
Current Score: 778 EQ, 781 TU, 778 EXP 07/20/12 Lender Pull
Goal Score: 800 EQ & TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 18
texasman07
Established Contributor

Apparently everyone i know who has a BBRZ card Gold or a Discover card had thiers closed too! Wow they just dont care anymore.

Anyway, if I want a bb card in the future with Cap 1, am I blacklisted?

Message 14 of 18
john398
Senior Contributor

@texasman07 wrote:

Apparently everyone i know who has a BBRZ card Gold or a Discover card had thiers closed too! Wow they just dont care anymore.

No capital one does not blacklist as far as i can tell, i have a chharge off with them and 3 cards after

Message 15 of 18
OnTheRebound
Established Contributor

@john398 wrote:

@texasman07 wrote:

Apparently everyone i know who has a BBRZ card Gold or a Discover card had theirs closed too! Wow they just don't care anymore.

No capital one does not blacklist as far as I can tell, I have a chharge off with them and 3 cards after

I guess CapOne really hates me. I had a charge off with them 11 Or 12 years ago. I've been getting preapprovals from them via snail mail as well as on their website for about 2 years. I applied over a year ago and was denied. Applied again about a month ago and was denied for the same reason..."There are too many delinquent past or present Capital One credit obligation(s). They don't even bother pulling my reports. I did this after reading about many people getting approved for Cap One with chargeoffs. In my case CapOne is not forgiving.

Amex BCE $11.1 / Citi Diamond Preferred WMC $12K / Citi Double Cash WMC $3.8K / Comenity Total Rewards Visa $2.5K / Citi Home Depot $5K / AU- Amex BCP $12K / Chase Freedom Visa $11014.00 / PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature $6K / GE Lowes $10K
myFico Scores on 10/03/2014
Eq 798 / Exp 811 / Trans 814
CCT Fico 08 on 1/3/16 - Trans 786 / Exp 793 / Eq 797
Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@OnTheRebound wrote:

@john398 wrote:

@texasman07 wrote:

Apparently everyone i know who has a BBRZ card Gold or a Discover card had theirs closed too! Wow they just don't care anymore.

No capital one does not blacklist as far as I can tell, I have a chharge off with them and 3 cards after

I guess CapOne really hates me. I had a charge off with them 11 Or 12 years ago. I've been getting preapprovals from them via snail mail as well as on their website for about 2 years. I applied over a year ago and was denied. Applied again about a month ago and was denied for the same reason..."There are too many delinquent past or present Capital One credit obligation(s). They don't even bother pulling my reports. I did this after reading about many people getting approved for Cap One with chargeoffs. In my case CapOne is not forgiving.

My wife has the same problem, I have gotten two Cap ones and they refuse to give her any due to the reason you mentioned, oddly enough we both had Cap ones when we went through each of our BK's. I'm not sure why they will blacklist one person and not another.

Message 17 of 18
OnTheRebound
Established Contributor

Maybe they flip a coin?

In that case I will lose everytime.

Amex BCE $11.1 / Citi Diamond Preferred WMC $12K / Citi Double Cash WMC $3.8K / Comenity Total Rewards Visa $2.5K / Citi Home Depot $5K / AU- Amex BCP $12K / Chase Freedom Visa $11014.00 / PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature $6K / GE Lowes $10K
myFico Scores on 10/03/2014
Eq 798 / Exp 811 / Trans 814
CCT Fico 08 on 1/3/16 - Trans 786 / Exp 793 / Eq 797
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.