HSBC Closed My Account

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: HSBC Closed My Account

@corymcd88 wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Sounds like they're trying to shed some of their CC portfolio before Cap One takes it over.

Just like BOA is doing before they send the cc's to US Bank

When is BOA selling off thier credit cards? I have not seen or herd anything about that.

There's some debate about what they're selling and what they're keeping, but basically, they're selling their FIA cards, but probably not the straight-ahead BofA cards.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 41 of 46
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

That's scary because I have one of those cards too.  I wonder if I will get a letter.

What is going on with these banks just closing accounts lately? 

Last week, it was BofA and now.... HSBC.  My prediction was right.

Ron.

+ 1

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 42 of 46
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

@RiseandShine7907 wrote:

I got a letter in the mail today from HSBC stating that after a thorough review of my account history that my account had been closed for the following reasons:

(1) TOO MANY ACCOUNTS RECENTLY OPENED

(2) TOO MANY INQUIRES( I thought it was spelled "inquiries" but the letter says inquires) IN THE LAST 12 MONTHS

@this was one of the HSBC cards that is offered when you app and are denied for a Discover product.  I opened the account in Aug 2011 with a $400 limit. The last time I used the card was in October 2011 at that time I had a balance of $286.  I have been paying double the minimum payment every month. I have opened some store cards (@ stores I shop @ frequently) and I do have inquiries from where I did some auto loan shopping. This is just a heads up for those who have HSBC backed cards.

Hey, I can relate to just how you feel. B of A just did the same thing to us.

Time to move on....

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 43 of 46
ShiningDown
Frequent Contributor

My son finally got sick of waiting for his secured card that never came from Hsbc so he closed his account, he does not want to deal with this bank at all. They never do what they say they are going to do. They cashed his money order and opened a savings account but never sent a card. 

Message 44 of 46
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@ShiningDown that really sucks.....Haven't had any issues with HSBC yet (knocks on wood)

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 45 of 46
MagicShot
Contributor

Dont feel too bad I had 4 Accounts Plus 1 joint accounts closed by HSBC, Due to "Too many Accounts" & Too many recent inquiries"

Message 46 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.